The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anger towards Macron grows

CBH1926

After recent beheading of school teacher and church goers in France things are starting to escalate.

Latest attacker was Tunisian that entered Italy as a refugee but was deported. 
Erdogan has also been attacking him as well as others.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/28/anger-towards-emmanuel-macron-grows-in-muslim-world

https://apnews.com/article/france-terrorist-attacks-in-church-155dc69a8c360ea6ed72280b8188f8ab

Edited by CBH1926

My sister inlaw has lived in downtown Paris now for 10 years.  She lives next to Jardin Luxembourg....Saint Germaine neighbourhood.

I visit there fairly often .  She is no fan of Macaroon.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

My sister inlaw have lived in downtown Paris now for 10 years.  She lives next to Jardin Luxembourg....Saint Germaine neighbourhood.

I visit there fairly often .  She is no fan or Macaroon.....

Macaroons are delicious!

Isn't the beheading of a teacher the most outrageous thing in this whole string of events?  

I'm shocked that we're talking about a politician here. 

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Then there's the lock downs. Those don't exactly endear Macron to the population.

Even Hollande and Sarkozy lasted 5 years. Macron really seems to have worn out his welcome in 3 1/2.

Hollande and Sarkozy wore out their welcome pretty quickly. French people vote for people they instantly complain about. It's comical.

I believe no matter who would have been voted into office in 2017 would have done the exact same things vis a vis COVID 19. 

However, I'm still personnaly waiting for some action regarding the 3 recent terrorist attacks, but when it comes to COVID, I'm not necessarily unhappy as a french citizen. Canada obviously has more freedoms during covid, but it's a country with a lot less population, and a population that is much more respectful of laws, regulations, restrictions etc...

For what it's worth, Macron personally made me save 200€ a year for tuition (total tuition for university was 400€, so still a pretty ridiculously low amount), and he hasn't really done anything to make me angry. I don't like him but at the end of the day, french people just love to criticize. It was either him or one of the 2 extreme wings. You know what you have, you don't know what you can have or could have had....

• Like 1

Wow.  The Muslim communities should be focused on condemning what is yet another extremist attack, carried out in one of the most horrific ways possible against a human being.  Not criticising another country for exercising its right to free speech. 

I'm tired of the whole, "oh they shouldn't have cut that teacher's head off BUT she shouldn't have disrespected our religion".  What year is this?   

• Cheers 3

Imagine if I cut off a Muslim teachers head for disrespecting the Christian religion. This kind of crap makes me wanna puke. I believe all religions preach some sort of thou shall not kill mantra in their writings. Maybe this why a lot of people dont seem to trust people of Muslim faith. You can get killed anywhere in the world by people supposedly seeking a better life that bring this savagery with them. If your really looking for a better life be better.

Edited by crobar
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, crobar said:

Imagine if I cut off a Muslim teachers head for disrespecting the Christian religion. This kind of crap makes me wanna puke. I believe all religions preach some sort of thou shall not kill mantra in their writings. Maybe this why a lot of people dont seem to trust people of Muslim faith. You can get killed anywhere in the world by people supposedly seeking a better life that bring this savagery with them. If your really looking for a better life be better.

Just so we're clear.

Americans right now are pointing weapons at other americans at polling stations saying "gods watching you, vote smart"

Let's not pretend one make believe sky fairies followers are more violent than the other shall we

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just so we're clear.

Americans right now are pointing weapons at other americans at polling stations saying "gods watching you, vote smart"

Let's not pretend one make believe sky fairies followers are more violent than the other shall we

I condemn this kind of  behavior from anyone, this topic happened to be about beheadings in France. I also realize the Christians acted pretty well the same way for centuries.

Edited by crobar
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just so we're clear.

I don’t think we can put Buddhism and Islam side by side and say both religions produce same kind of violence.
Also besides religious nuts in America, I can’t think of another country in the west that has these types of problems.

You can make fun of Christians in Canada and I highly doubt anyone will come over to cut your head off.

On the other hand if you published a drawing of the prophet next to your name and address, your fate would be determined depending on where you live. 

Edited by CBH1926
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1