The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The civil vote on whether you can kill someone with an assault rifle or not is not necessary after a quarter century of debate.

I really wouldn’t sweat the principle over this.

Unless you’re the type whose desire to own an assault rifle outweighs common sense.

You should be a professional to handle professional weapons. Become a soldier and you’ll have plenty of toys to play with.

This exactly.  Want to play with big guns?  Go join the military and serve overseas in a war zone.  Have fun!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

Most of the people voting aren't gun owners. The gun owners are too afraid to answer an online poll because they don't want the government tracking their whereabouts via the internet.

And you know this how? As far as I can tell, the voting is open to anyone....

And tell me you don't actually believe that the government is "tracking" people's votes in an MSN online poll.....:picard:

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And tell me you don't actually believe that the government is "tracking" people's votes in an MSN online poll.....:picard:

I wasnt being serious.

I am not against any of this. Not a gun owner, never plan to be.

Edited by RonMexico

5 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Most of the people voting aren't gun owners. The gun owners are too afraid to answer an online poll because they don't want the government tracking their whereabouts via the internet.

If you’re a gun owner and you’re afraid of being tracked, you should probably be tracked.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

I wasnt being serious.

I am not against any of this. Not a gun owner, never plan to be.

Then I suppose I have to wonder what the point of your last several posts on this subject has been....?:unsure:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Then I suppose I have to wonder what the point of your last several posts on this subject has been....?:unsure:

ARs have served no use to the public since they were designed. So why were they ever available? 

I don't like the timing. Why has it taken so long? Couldn't have banned them 50 years ago?

ARs have served no use to the public since they were designed. So why were they ever available? 

I don't like the timing. Why has it taken so long? Couldn't have banned them 50 years ago?

Maybe...

But it finally happened. 

It is done.

Edited by Me_

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

I leave the existential questions to people like yourself. personally, I don't GaF....I'm just glad to see it happen....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Maybe...

But it finally happened. 

It is done.

Until the next psycho mows down a bunch of people with an illegal AR and the public will cry, but I thought they were banned? How did the government let this happen again?

29 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Oh no they are going to start hoarding tin foil. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Until the next psycho mows down a bunch of people with an illegal AR and the public will cry, but I thought they were banned? How did the government let this happen again?

It's about REDUCING the RISK. Alcohol is illegal for minors and drugs are illegal although we know it happens. Imagine if it wasn't illegal. Its all about Protecting Canadians the best we can. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

At least the government acted. I know it took until the biggest mass shooting in Canadian history to do something but better late than never. Everytime this happens in the States (weekly it seems) that government  talks the talk but never walks the walk. The second amendment is a major reason why the US is the way it is, a divided disaster.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

what you're suggesting is global economic suicide. Lets at least try other ways of getting to a balanced budget first, that is very achievable. 

Jimmy, I’m with you on this. If everyone simply defaults on their debt, there will be total chaos.  

Going forward, How would government’s finance capital expansion and infrastructure? Why would anyone lend them the money?

What about a young family wanting to buy a house? Who would finance that?

What about business loans?

If you simply forgave all debt now, there would be no willing lenders going forward. 

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

It's about REDUCING the RISK. Alcohol is illegal for minors and drugs are illegal although we know it happens. Imagine if it wasn't illegal. Its all about Protecting Canadians the best we can. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

So how did the government protect the vulnerable seniors that are dying all over this country from Covid19?

7 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

So how did the government protect the vulnerable seniors that are dying all over this country from Covid19?

Like I said its about "Reducing the Risk", our death toll is, by far, much lower then the majority of other countries. There are numerous stats out there to see how successful we are compared to the rest of the world. Can you even remotely compare us ,to say, our southern neighbors? I think not.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

That would be an exceptional situation and I'm sure the inability to acquire assault rifles may save many others from mass shootings that would've occurred had the government done nothing.