The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

14 hours ago, stawns said:

Really disappointed today.  We had a zoom after school today where our admin informed us that any parent not wanting their kid to wear a mask need only phone the school and inform the admin team that their kid won't be wearing a mask.

What's the f***ing point then?

Even after all this time, it seems as though people don't understand how a mask offers protection.....

It doesn't protect you, it protects the people around you. So, people who send their kids to school sans masks are basically saying, "I don't GAF about other people's kids"....<_<

• Upvote 2

Looks like Ontario might announce a full month, full province lockdown as icu's fill up quickly.  At the peak of the 2nd wave they had 420 in icu and models are predicting 800 in April, even with a lockdown.

Of course our government won't even consider that, believing that citizens will just do the "right thing"..........as numbers sky rocket.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5972498

Starting to get some numbers on the people who survived Covid, but experienced symptoms beyond 4 weeks.  For our anti-vaxxer crowd, tell us how not taking the vaccine is better.  For the Covidiot crowd, tell us again how this is no big deal.

EDIT:  There have been roughly 4.35 million cases of COVID in the UK (population 66 million).  That means 1 in 4 cases of COVID.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/long-covid-symptoms-uk-ons-b1825434.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Long Covid: More than a million experiencing symptoms in UK, official data shows

Latest official estimates reveal the scale of the longer-term health problems caused by coronavirus

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Look at that.  Something happens to them, and they suddenly change their tune.  Interesting.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/01/sarah-palin-reveals-covid-diagnosis-encourages-mask-wearing/?utm_source=reddit.com

Sarah Palin reveals COVID diagnosis, encourages mask wearing

Too bad there wasn’t a branch of study and education that we could use to teach and learn so that we didn’t have to understand only by personal experience. If we ever find such a thing we could maybe name it “science.”

Surprised these people don’t stick forks into wall sockets to see what happens...

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Look at that.  Something happens to them, and they suddenly change their tune.  Interesting.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/01/sarah-palin-reveals-covid-diagnosis-encourages-mask-wearing/?utm_source=reddit.com

Sarah Palin reveals COVID diagnosis, encourages mask wearing

Hmmmm.....maybe she can get that Russian vaccine....? :unsure:

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Too bad there wasn’t a branch of study and education that we could use to teach and learn so that we didn’t have to understand only by personal experience. If we ever find such a thing we could maybe name it “science.”

Surprised these people don’t stick forks into wall sockets to see what happens...

I had a friend in grade 9 who got a girl pregnant.  Then started using condoms.  But I think the Palin's have dealt with that too.  

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I had a friend in grade 9 who got a girl pregnant.  Then started using condoms.  But I think the Palin's have dealt with that too.  

If the Palins are anything to go by, we can say for certain that Alaska does not suffer from a lack of wood.....

....latex, OTOH......

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I was not aware Canada was a recipient of the Covax program 

They paid to get them. Part of the program allows that so that richer countries will join. There are two components to Covax.  At the end of the year, Canada will likely have vaccines 3-4x the entire population. I suspect Canada will donate it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Just got a call from my Mom. She and Dad went to the Powell Rvier Rec Center and got shot today.

Both of them, took a little over 20 minutes, with all the paper work and a 15 minute wait AFTER the shot.

Pfizer for them both.

My mom's getting hers in a couple weeks because she was limited to getting it on a Tuesday.  If she wasn't limited, she could have got it early next week.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2