The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

There are many more people, higher population density and much more opportunity for mutations.

Yes the mutations, that's what it will all come down to for ending this eventually, just needs to keep getting weaker hopefully and our bodies start fighting it easier.

• Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Flashback in 1918 the Spanish flu they had no Vaccines back then, it wasn't until around 1940 vaccines for influenza became a thing for people. How did the virus end after 2 years and about 25-50 Millions deaths, eventually people became immune to it and in 1920 in what they call the 4th wave wasn't as deadly anymore. 

Flash forward to now, and we're in the 3rd wave with Vaccines going out, but our means of transportation are much more extreme then back in 1918-20. I see so many similarities between these two, besides the part where people turned blue back in the day, but my guess is will have to wait until the 4th wave still before we can get this virus under control or the body starts being more immune to it.

No Chuck Norris back then so the Spanish Flu could be out in the open without fear.  Today, COVID has to hide in the shadows or else risk the wraith of:

:metal:

• Cheers 1

I hope this restaurant and any others who defy orders get shut down permanently and get evicted...STOP being selfish and think of the long term picture here people!! 

Boycott: Corduroy Restaurant in Kitsilano

Add a list of restaurants you have seen people eating inside since the latest shutdown if you so choose...

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I hope this restaurant and any others who defy orders get shut down permanently and get evicted...STOP being selfish and think of the long term picture here people!! 

Add a list of restaurants you have seen people eating inside since the latest shutdown if you so choose...

Do not post anything , that you can not prove.

Restaurants have it tough enough without false b.s.!

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I am very sorry, but I think that closing restaurants is a wrong move.

I was at IKEA store today- the place was completely full, so , how such store can be less dangerous than a restaurant where 20-40 people eating at most, far from each other?

Was at Coquitlam centre mall on Friday- same story, place was full

I would like to see an evidence on transmission rate at restaurants .

Before that closure we were told, that it was safer to eat out, than host people at home.

Now looks like this is not a case anymore.

5 hours ago, gurn said:

Thank you very much, for continuing to bring facts. Really helps keep a lot of speculation and moaning to a dull roar.

Truly appreciated!

France is set for a really strong push on vaccination front

They have created 46 huge vaccination centres across France, using soccer stadiums

The plan is to vaccinate 500 000 people a day starting next week

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

I am very sorry, but I think that closing restaurants is a wrong move.

I was at IKEA store today- the place was completely full, so , how such store can be less dangerous than a restaurant where 20-40 people eating at most, far from each other?

Was at Coquitlam centre mall on Friday- same story, place was full

I would like to see an evidence on transmission rate at restaurants .

Before that closure we were told, that it was safer to eat out, than host people at home.

Now looks like this is not a case anymore.

Big box stores are not included. Every single box store is packed and a joke. But they are protected like crazy. That is the issue with all this crap. People are fed up with lack laws for some area's and super anal for others. Remember when they said masks were not really needed? Then they were, but not in schools.. Now they are ?  

Edited by kurtis

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

On the right track. 

Screenshot_20210404-184805.png

It’s positive but very select in the countries it’s populated against

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

take a look at the above (which is the same source as that image) and see where Canada sits across most metrics. Positive progress for sure but Canada is in the mid 30s for overall, and when filtered by population or by density scores pretty badly. One area is scores exceptionally highly on ( top in the world) is vaccines ordered per population 

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

good. This really annoyed me. Gusto's is a place my wife and I have been to a few times, and there's about 8 seats in the entire place, most of its take out anyway. Totally irresponsible for him to make a stand like this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1