The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

19 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

This does not appear to be a facility that requires that level of care. It looks like the type my mother in law is in. No one walks down the hall naked there or they are gone.

Since you expressed your concern over these people within the last couple hours I'll ask you this. I do not want an answer or reply, because quite frankly it's the internet and it doesn't matter. But spend the next 30 seconds and self reflect, do you visit her enough? As someone so concerned with their mental well-being, maybe you do. But in my experience in these homes is 90% of the families don't visit nearly enough. Which is the entire reason people like me would volunteer time to play cards, or watch a show with them.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Do you have a source for that quote? (I'm assuming that you know what it means when you put someone's words in quotes)

I looked for it and all I could find was thins:

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/its-a-different-pandemic-with-omicron-says-bcs-top-doctor-4899420

I'm pretty sure dr. Bonnie said we will all, eventually, be exposed.  Those who are protected through vaccination will very likely not become ill.  Yes, there will be infection, but no illness.  Big difference.  

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Do you have a source for that quote? (I'm assuming that you know what it means when you put someone's words in quotes)

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/its-a-different-pandemic-with-omicron-says-bcs-top-doctor-4899420

You can quote me on this one.  Everyone will get Omicron, we need to flatten the curve so that the hospital system can maintain.  The goal isn't to stop transmission, that is impossible, but to slow it.

The difference from the beginning of this week to now has been unbelievable in my practice.  I went from having a handful of positive cases over the last two years to everyone I am talking to having tested positive or home sick.  Nursing staff out sick.

Funny, early in the pandemic, this is what I thought my days would look like.  Took two years but here we are.

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

11 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

The masks cost less than 2$CDN a piece and you can easily rotate five without any cleaning on a 7 day work week for awhile. Only in Canada could such a mask be so elite to find.

Weren't you just complaining the other day about how hard these were for you to find? Do you have any idea how big Canada is? At $2 per mask that's $190 million plus distribution for your proposal of 5 masks per person. It was hard enough to get people just to wear a mask in the first place. Good idea though. If you can get it done send me a set as soon as possible. I'm guessing the current masks cost pennies when buying in bulk.

Edited by Gawdzukes

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

upload_2022-1-7_11-52-19.png

Thanks Alf. I did tell you I knew these were the numbers for the unvaccinated. You told me you had numbers for unvaccinated anti-vaxers. That's the number that does not exist. Off hand I know 4 people who are unvaccinated. Two are anti vaxxers. All have had covid. Then there's kids too I suppose.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

You can quote me on this one.  Everyone will get Omicron, we need to flatten the curve so that the hospital system can maintain.  The goal isn't to stop transmission, that is impossible, but to slow it.

The difference from the beginning of this week to now has been unbelievable in my practice.  I went from having a handful of positive cases over the last two years to everyone I am talking to having tested positive or home sick.  Nursing staff out sick.

Funny, early in the pandemic, this is what I thought my days would look like.  Took two years but here we are.

It seems to be a reasonable supposition to me, however, one of things that has been bothering me ITT is people misquoting experts and misrepresenting facts.

If someone puts the words of someone else in quotes, then that had better be exactly what they said, otherwise, the person making the claim is engaging in intellectual dishonesty.

The person in question was criticizing Dr Henry, for (supposedly) saying what you did above, however, I was only able to find a quote that said "exposed" to Omicron. People are welcome to criticize that if they like and I may or may not agree with them. (In this case, I don't) However, it makes me distrust the source completely when someone paraphrases something and puts it in quotations....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzvbPUfegpE

I looked it up and the questions and response is in the Dec31 update. Starts around 51min mark. I screwed up, the quote was in the question. The answer still confirms the same thing though.

Q
sending kids back to school about work sending kids back to school about work foregone conclusion that at some point everybody's gonna get it.

A
a few weeks ago so it absolutely has changed but it's also spreading really rapidly so everybody's going to be exposed

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Again we are talking about the frail elderly.  This isn't grandpa who needs help with cooking and cleaning, this is grandma who wanders down the street naked in winter.

Very frequently they would not have the faculties to understand a waiver and the family may be ill equipped to handle them.  Obviously this is a broad generalization and I do think that we need to find better ways here, but this is not something being done out of cruelty to healthy elderly that just need someone to unlock the door.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34989330/

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

we think we have at least two teachers away with covid symptoms today and at least two ea's with confirmed cases........and we don't even have a building full of kids yet

Well that is not a good start. Good luck stawns!

@DrJockitch So is it safe to say we're waiting for everyone to get Covid before addressing the next steps?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Antivaxxers are the issue.

I agree! If those A**h**** antivaxxers weren’t being so damned selfish and travelled all over we wouldn’t have omicron here!!!  Now the deadliest virus in history lives on, killing all in its path! :sadno:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I agree! If those A**h**** antivaxxers weren’t being so damned selfish and travelled all over we wouldn’t have omicron here!!!  Now the deadliest virus in history lives on, killing all in its path! :sadno:

I accept your sarcasm.  But notice that a boosted 70 year old is better protected from serious Covid than an antivaxxer adult, even young ones.  

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1