The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I know all of bonny and johns nieces and nephews in this thread probably hate me but I just talked to my parents who are in Puerto Escondido, Mexico and they never had to show any proof of Vax at the airport in Mexico or any resort or gas station or bar or anything.

Nobody wears a mask. It's like covid doesn't exist.  And their cases are no worse than ours.

WAKE UP

None of this exists,

It's a simulation.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I know all of bonny and johns nieces and nephews in this thread probably hate me but I just talked to my parents who are in Puerto Escondido, Mexico and they never had to show any proof of Vax at the airport in Mexico or any resort or gas station or bar or anything.

Nobody wears a mask. It's like covid doesn't exist.  And their cases are no worse than ours.

WAKE UP

Weird, my parents are in Puerto Vallarta and arrived their last week and had to show proof of vax...going to get that though in the world where some places will be pretty chill about it and others will enforce it to everyone.

Hope you enjoy this thread of passion, its a bit much for me...Covid is what it is now, people know the best bet for minor covid symptoms if infected is to be vaccinated with a booster for max protection...at this time of course, I hope 3 shots in me is enough for a bit persoanlly but if a Delta-esque variant appears again i will get a 4th one if they recommend it. got a child that needs me here for a while!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These posters just keep popping up, don’t they?  What does @JM_call them?  

Typical hockey fans? Typical hockey fans are not the leftys that are only allowed to post on this thread. Like I said, I was a member since October and got banned here for posting once on this thread, a graph. Nothing to it. Another guy posted the same thing 2 days later, no problem. I read back and see more people are banned than post here, must be by alot. It's a crazy fantasyland here. I'm out. If my post stays up I wont be back.

Edited by Tajon
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tajon said:

Typical hockey fans? Typical hockey fans are not the lefty wing nuts that are only allowed to post on this thread. Like I said, I was a member since October and got banned here for posting once on this thread, a graph. Nothing to it. Another guy posted the same thing 2 days later, no problem. I read back and see more people are banned than post here, must be by alot. It's a crazy fantasyland here. I'm out. If my post stays up I wont be back.

th.jpg.090ac4baad3505b9f616fab6489d7a43.jpg

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Mexico has  307,493 people dead from covid,  6.1% of everybody that caught covid in Mexico is dead

Please don't try and tell anyone, that Mexico cases are no worse than ours.

The 6.1% who caught it are dead is a very misleading statement. They haven’t tracked it like they have here. Usually only extreme cases that end up in hospital are tracked there. 
It is definitely more relaxed there, and I have to say, after a short Christmas visit there, it felt like a lot coming back to so many restrictions here. I’m triple vaxxed, but ready for govt to lay off with the restrictions now. Time to let grown ups be grown ups.

3 minutes ago, Tajon said:

Typical hockey fans? Typical hockey fans are not the leftys that are only allowed to post on this thread. Like I said, I was a member since October and got banned here for posting once on this thread, a graph. Nothing to it. Another guy posted the same thing 2 days later, no problem. I read back and see more people are banned than post here, must be by alot. It's a crazy fantasyland here. I'm out. If my post stays up I wont be back.

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Slegr said:

The 6.1% who caught it are dead is a very misleading statement. They haven’t tracked it like they have here. Usually only extreme cases that end up in hospital are tracked there. 
It is definitely more relaxed there, and I have to say, after a short Christmas visit there, it felt like a lot coming back to so many restrictions here. I’m triple vaxxed, but ready for govt to lay off with the restrictions now. Time to let grown ups be grown ups.

Yeah, we know how that works out........ we'll be back to restrictions and quickly rising numbers in a month.  We'll get there, it'll just be baby steps.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

The growns have been grown ups; the petulant, whiner, anti vaxxers; not so much

True enough. I’d love to see restrictions come off just for vaccinated. Anti vaxxed can continue to get denied for things for ever. Bloody selfish bunch.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Mexico has  307,493 people dead from covid,  6.1% of everybody that caught covid in Mexico is dead

Please don't try and tell anyone, that Mexico cases are no worse than ours.

I mean currently. With omicron numbers surged but symptoms have been Mild for the most part

Much less serious cases

44 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I mean currently. With omicron numbers surged but symptoms have been Mild for the most part

Much less serious cases

Here is a current chart of Mexico's death numbers.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/mexico/#graph-deaths-daily 

829 deaths on Feb 2/2022

Spiking upwards since Jan 4/22

Charts, links, and facts over anecdotes.

Edited by gurn
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

WAKE UP

That's entirely regional and based on resort requirements...Jalisco requires vaxx status, specific resorts in Quintana Roo require vaxx passports.

This is not nation wide 

Sorry that your lie didn't work out here.  Don't lay blanket statements via anecdotal statements and expect to be able to feel superior for long 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Looks like there will be counter protests this weekend in at least Ottawa and Victoria.  

I wonder if that's good.

These trucker folks look to be wanting any attention. They will love a shouting match/ scuffle with the 'other side'.

Maybe, remove their trucks then they should be ignored. Let them live in tent cities for a few weeks and see where we are at. I don't know if they have the stones to last.

• Upvote 2