The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

What about all the other days? 

Y0u do realize Ontario has 15 million people living there.. BC has 5 mil ....  More new covid cases now in BC per day as of today... Ontario also tests way more people than BC does... ONtario test over 16,000 people  per day and BC tests 3500 people per day i believe....

Look for the BC gov to start spending millions of tax payers dollars on phoney TV  ads telling how well BC is doing with covid..  Probably filming the ads as i post....

Edited by kingofsurrey

25 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Y0u do realize Ontario has 15 million people living there.. BC has 5 mil ....  More new covid cases now in BC per day as of today... Ontario also tests way more people than BC does... ONtario test over 16,000 people  per day and BC tests 3500 people per day i believe....

Look for the BC gov to start spending millions of tax payers dollars on phoney TV  ads telling how well BC is doing with covid..  Probably filming the ads as i post....

so, no comment on all those other days? O.K.

image.png.1aecb966caf620e2daccf810446c8344.png 

Just under 80 per cent of people who have died of an overdose in B.C. this year were men.

Fentanyl remains the most significant driver in the high number of deaths across all demographics. Opioids were found among all those who died, along with cocaine and the stimulants methamphetamine and amphetamine.

2020 sucks. Looks like we leveled off at 175 overdose deaths a month.. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Chicken. said:

image.png.1aecb966caf620e2daccf810446c8344.png 

Just under 80 per cent of people who have died of an overdose in B.C. this year were men.

Fentanyl remains the most significant driver in the high number of deaths across all demographics. Opioids were found among all those who died, along with cocaine and the stimulants methamphetamine and amphetamine.

2020 sucks. Looks like we leveled off at 175 overdose deaths a month.. 

Not only we got the virus from China but also fentanyl that has killed tens of thousands in North America.

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Not only we got the virus from China but also fentanyl that has killed tens of thousands in North America.

fentanyl is Chinese payback for the opium the Brits hit them with a few hundred years ago.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Go to your doctor to get your stuff, then nobody will steal my t.v. to get their next fix.

Health problem not a criminal problem.

Crime rate drops, mob/organized crime gets weaker.

Good idea in theory but just because a doctor could dispense the drugs doesn't mean people will have the money to afford them - there will still be drug addiction related crime - lots of it - you are just changing out the street dealer with a physician. Then what you are really talking about if I'm hearing you right is a national, public,  pharma-care system with a pretty wide open selection of government supplied narcotics and I'm not so sure people would want to be directly subsidizing drug addicts dependencies. I'm  not arguing here, I just think it's far more complicated than it seems.

• Cheers 1

South Korea has reduced class sizes, plexiglass partitioning, and mandatory masks. @AdrianaLaGrange used this as an example of why AB can reopen (although did not adopt the same measures). Schools in Seoul are now closing due to outbreaks. https://

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53901707

BC schools - No plexiglass,  NO social distancing. -  NO masks - NO reduced Class sizes

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Good idea in theory but just because a doctor could dispense the drugs doesn't mean people will have the money to afford them - there will still be drug addiction related crime - lots of it - you are just changing out the street dealer with a physician. Then what you are really talking about if I'm hearing you right is a national, public,  pharma-care system with a pretty wide open selection of government supplied narcotics and I'm not so sure people would want to be directly subsidizing drug addicts dependencies. I'm  not arguing here, I just think it's far more complicated than it seems.

It is complicated but what we have now is only getting worse. We will never stop the flow of drugs into the country. Fentanyl is very tiny and out of the 10's of millions of containers that come into our ports each year in  bc, about 1% is inspected. The affiliations of a lot of longshoremen is pretty apparent too.

Legalising everything would almost destroy profits to organised crime which would be a massive positive. 

Edited by bishopshodan

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It is complicated but what we have now is only getting worse. We will never stop the flow of drugs into the country. Fentanyl is very tiny and out of the 10's of millions of containers that come into our ports each year in  bc, about 1% is inspected. The affiliations of a lot of longshoremen is pretty apparent too.

Legalising everything would almost destroy profits to organised crime which would be a massive positive. 

I have 100% confidence in our BC government to screw up any initiative they are involved with.  Look at the terrible job of pot legalization in BC.

Organized crime in BC doing as well as ever with the illegal pot industry still functionning very well  in BC. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I have 100% confidence in our BC government to screw up any initiative they are involved with.  Look at the terrible job of pot legalization in BC.

Organized crime in BC doing as well as ever with the illegal pot industry still functionning very well  in BC. 

to be fair, the provincial gov't may not have done things the way the fed's laid it all out on weed. The NDP stance was decriminalization not legalization.

Or government has done a good job on covid. If a bunch of twits on the beach or in the valley won't properly distance there isn't much anyone can do about it. 

The hospitalization numbers are excellent. 

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I was reading a Mauldin newletter that was talking about a spectrum of UV light that kills C-19. Suggestion that a walk thru system similar to airport security is in the works. 

that kind of tech is a long way off for use internally. There's no clinical data yet on things like how it might effect a persons healthy biome, that UV light kills more than just covid. 

External UV light sterilizers are already on the market. The amount of power needed to kill covid at a distance also causes some serious concerns. 

That tech is not going to be widely adopted.

Edited by Robert Long

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

Or government has done a good job on covid. If a bunch of twits on the beach or in the valley won't properly distance there isn't much anyone can do about it. 

The hospitalization numbers are excellent. 

Yah, sorry but no.

More new  covid cases yesterday in BC pop. 5 mil than Ontario pop 15 mil.

BC tests 4000 people per day and Ontario tests over 16,000 per day.

BC has done a completely crap job with its covid policies.  BC had a good March and April and then our leadership completely let us all down. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, sorry but no.

More new  covid cases yesterday in BC pop. 5 mil than Ontario pop 15 mil.

BC tests 4000 people per day and Ontario tests over 16,000 per day.

BC has done a completely crap job with its covid policies.  BC had a good March and April and then our leadership completely let us all down. 

no.... what? have you looked at the number of cases in hospital? 

there's a thing called personal responsibility, you can't police every person. 

Just now, Robert Long said:

no.... what? have you looked at the number of cases in hospital? 

there's a thing called personal responsibility, you can't police every person. 

Many people with covid do not get to the ICU but will have long term negative  health affects. 

When you see covid transmission rates rise......  then guess what....  hospital rates / death rates  will rise a few weeks later.  That how it typically works.

When our BC government promoted Glory holes and Albertans to holiday / party here in BC. .....    It became apparent the BC govenment had NO intelligent  Covid Policy in place. 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Many people with covid do not get to the ICU but will have long term negative  health affects. 

When you see covid transmission rates rise......  then guess what....  hospital rates / death rates  will rise a few weeks later.  That how it typically works.

When our BC government promoted Glory holes and Albertans to holiday / party here in BC. .....    It became apparent the BC govenment had NO intelligent  Covid Policy in place. 

don't knock it 'till... oh wait, this is a family site.

So what do you suggest King? shut down the beaches? put a cop in every apartment with someone under 25 in it? instead of complaining, what's your brilliant solution to kids being kids? 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Robert Long said:

don't knock it 'till... oh wait, this is a family site.

So what do you suggest King? shut down the beaches? put a cop in every apartment with someone under 25 in it? instead of complaining, what's your brilliant solution to kids being kids? 

I have no problem with beaches being open.  Every beach i have been at, i have seen people social distancing quite well.

Being outdoors is much safer than indoors.  Asking young people to not socialize for 6 months is not going to work.

We have to ask young people to socialize SAFELY and social distance.   YES, warn them and then fine them if they refuse. 

Here is a few ideas i have

Increase covid testing in BC  

Mandatory mask in stores and in schools - worksites where safe  social distancing can not happen 

Reduce class sizes in Sept so social distancing can occur

Offer familes online learning opportunties - many families have immune compromised people living in the home and need this option

Shut down bars / strip clubs  - maybe bars could have outdoor patios expanded and stay open. Won't work for strip bars - LOL 

Increase restaurant outdoor patios limits / sizes - even extend their hours to help them stay open

Termperature testing at work sites / schools

Encouraging non bc tourists to stay in their own province for now

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I have no problem with beaches being open.  Every beach i have been at, i have seen people social distancing quite well.

Being outdoors is much safer than indoors.  Asking young people to not socialize for 6 months is not going to work.

We have to ask young people to socialize SAFELY and social distance.   YES, warn them and then fine them if they refuse. 

Here is a few ideas i have

Increase covid testing in BC  

Mandatory mask in stores and in schools - worksites where safe  social distancing can not happen 

Reduce class sizes in Sept so social distancing can occur

Offer familes online learning opportunties - many families have immune compromised people living in the home and need this option

Shut down bars / strip clubs  - maybe bars could have outdoor patios expanded and stay open. Won't work for strip bars - LOL 

Increase restaurant outdoor patios limits / sizes - even extend their hours to help them stay open

Termperature testing at work sites / schools

Encouraging non bc tourists to stay in their own province for now

but thats all going on..... 

• Wat 1