The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 hours ago, stawns said:

there's still no actual link to the vaccine and the problems is there?  We shoudn't expect that there won't be a few problems given the sheer number of shots being given........all vaccines have a few cases I would think

Not in the millions of doses so far been given around the world. 

This particular investigation is looking at a common lot # that went to bunch of EU countries.  It's the right thing to always error on the side of caution. So those countries temporarily halt the administration of those vaccines until it is cleared up. 

So it doesn't affect the Canadian AZ doses that came from India. 

47 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Biden is putting the full US gov to work and fight it like war, like it should have done a yr ago. US spends $700+ billion a year in military spending.  A tiny virus killed more Americans than WWI, WWII, Vietnam War and 9/11 combined in just one yr.

Great news.  Hopefully they achieve this.  It would be great if this further speeds up deliveries to Canada in May/June.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

Great news.  Hopefully they achieve this.  It would be great if this further speeds up deliveries to Canada in May/June.  

It would be great to see Canada learn from this pandemic and have vaccine manufacturing here at home going forward. 

I don’t think this is going to be the last pandemic we’ll have to deal with. 

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My worry is we're still getting 500 cases per day, give or take. I know we're all burned out from Covid. But I'm hoping this a gradual return to the new normal. But I'd like to see the numbers dropping a bit more.

From one grade 2 class today.......at least 6 out of 18 kids travelling to Alberta over spring break and a few more having visitors from Alberta

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, stawns said:

From one grade 2 class today.......at least 6 out of 18 kids travelling to Alberta over spring break and a few more having visitors from Alberta

No way we should be relaxing now. Another month or two and we'd be so much better off.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

My son just sent me this at work and I......cried.

I'm so emotional right now.  I'm barely hanging in as I can't go much longer without really "seeing" my kids (beyond 5 minutes in a parking lot).  It's so hard not being able to hug them...I can't tell you how much that hits me.   That'll have to still wait but.....this is something.

My daughter's bday is coming up....this will be a great celebration.  We'll be very careful - only people in our bubble and social distancing in place.  No shared food.  But lots of tears.

Why aren't you hugging your children?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

No way we should be relaxing now. Another month or two and we'd be so much better off.

Based on what? This has been the longest two weeks to stop the spread of anything I have ever heard of. 

The experts haven't gotten 1 thing right on this. Not the timing, how it's spread nothing. 

• RoughGame 1

19 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Based on what? This has been the longest two weeks to stop the spread of anything I have ever heard of. 

The experts haven't gotten 1 thing right on this. Not the timing, how it's spread nothing. 

Funny how a novel corona virus would mean playing catch up on the run meaning things are constantly changing. Perhaps you should walk a mile in their shoes before flapping your lips?

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, GetFocht said:

Who said it was going to be two weeks?  Two weeks to flatten the curve going into summer........which we did.  Did you actually think the pandemic was going to last two weeks?  It was generally widely though we were going to be in this for 18 months, minimum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GetFocht said:

Do us a favour

Getfocht

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

All our good news are in the future tense, all USA good news are in past perfect tense. in USA 100 000 000 people get at least one vaccine shot . Just think about this number. Close to 3 000 000/day right now.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not good news.

648 new cases. Thats like a 100 case jump.

Maybe put the brakes on a little while longer until April? 

It's the rest of canada that's going to be hostile to BC travelers now

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

If this needs to be explained to you then YOU are part of the problem, not the solution. :rolleyes:

Why? I hug my kids, see my kids, see my parents and grandparents and none of us have been sick. 

You can't explain something that has not happened to us, at all. 

Hey, lightning might strike you and kill you so don't see your family or hug your kids?

We are wearing masks in public and enjoying our lives. 

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

42 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not good news.

648 new cases. Thats like a 100 case jump.

Maybe put the brakes on a little while longer until April? 

Why? It's just gonna happen later and later. You can't hide from the flu or a virus. The shots you get are for already spread variants. This is madness.

• RoughGame 1