The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

May seem kind of harsh and there probably could be a better way right. But she got the shot and had to wait. I know the younger generation needs everything here now on a platter. But sometimes we have to endure lineups wait our turn and be part of the bigger picture.

The issue isn't having to wait, it's expecting the elderly to be physically able to stand for that amount of time.

• Cheers 1

Interesting statistic in terms of vaccine volumes distributed from Europe to other countries all over the world:

1. UK                 8.1M. doses

2. Canada         3.1M. doses

3. Japan            3.1M

4. Mexico          2.5M 

5. Saudi -Arab. 1.0M

6. Chile             0.8M

7. Singapur       0.8M

8. Malaysia       0.7M

9. USA              0.7M

10. Australia     0.6M

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Violator said:

Kinda pathetic it's taken you this long to get it.

I'm not frontline working with covid directly. I was close enough to but lumped into phase 1 though, which I'm thankful for due to the nature of my job. I have zero issue with how BC has rolled out the vacination process.

A week ago I had zero timeline on a date, and today I got my first dose. I was in and out within 35 minutes and the process was entirely painless.  Over the course of the weekend they went from 50-60 minutes waits to next to zero line. I'm impressed with the speed and clarity BC was able to start the vacination process, all things considered.

Edited by shayster007
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

our politicians should be fired for the role out

Why exactly?

BC has taken a systematic approach to start immunization with higher risk populations first. In comparison to other approaches across Canada who simply targeted by age, BC has made intensive plans to target the highest risk of contacts. While certain populous may have to wait slightly longer, this approach is more well designed at targeting the areas specifically to stop the spread. Even while taking more care in an attempt to administer the immunizations strategically, we have still dished out more then 35,000 more then Alberta, who has a simplified approach.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Why exactly?

BC has taken a systematic approach to start immunization with higher risk populations first. In comparison to other approaches across Canada who simply targeted by age, BC has made intensive plans to target the highest risk of contacts. While certain populous may have to wait slightly longer, this approach is more well designed at targeting the areas specifically to stop the spread. Even while taking more care in an attempt to administer the immunizations strategically, we have still dished out more then 35,000 more then Alberta, who has a simplified approach.

because they are taking to long  india  gave 3 million doses in a day. no reason why we cant  they dropping the ball 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

because they are taking to long  india  gave 3 million doses in a day. no reason why we cant  they dropping the ball 

Oh I see, this is a blanket statement complaining about all of Canada. There is a multitude of reasons why one of the most densely populated countries in the world with a much higher chance of vast devastation was able to acquire more vaccinations, faster. Just like in BC, vaccines are being prioritized globally to those most in need. I'm not going to get into the China/Canada deal falling through, or the lack of European orders due to the threat (and then follow through) of a US (Trump) steal. Hopefully you are up to date and educated on both situations if your calling for their jobs.

I simply ignore your constant complaining about Sutter and Beagle on this site, and chalk it up to another faceless name on the Internet in need of a good vent. But complaining for the sake of complaining about a perfectly adequate response time of a worldwide pandemic is absurd. There are many better ways you should be spending your time then spreading negativity around one of the most difficult experiences the majority of us will live through. The world has enough of that already.

But, if you really can't help it and need to complain, I've got a site you should check out!

http://www.facebook.com

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

Did you miss it in November when they told us we weren't at the top of the list to receive vaccines?

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, canuktravella said:

3 million a day, seems like quite a bit, but they have a population of  1,387,682,466 so they are doing about   1/462 of their pop every day or roughly .2% daily

According to this link India has vaccinated 1.77% of their pop

While Canada has done 6.44%

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker-how-many-people-in-canada-have-received-shots-1.5247509

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Oh I see, this is a blanket statement complaining about all of Canada. There is a multitude of reasons why one of the most densely populated countries in the world with a much higher chance of vast devastation was able to acquire more vaccinations, faster. Just like in BC, vaccines are being prioritized globally to those most in need. I'm not going to get into the China/Canada deal falling through, or the lack of European orders due to the threat (and then follow through) of a US (Trump) steal. Hopefully you are up to date and educated on both situations if your calling for their jobs.

I simply ignore your constant complaining about Sutter and Beagle on this site, and chalk it up to another faceless name on the Internet in need of a good vent. But complaining for the sake of complaining about a perfectly adequate response time of a worldwide pandemic is absurd. There are many better ways you should be spending your time then spreading negativity around one of the most difficult experiences the majority of us will live through. The world has enough of that already.

But, if you really can't help it and need to complain, I've got a site you should check out!

Great post!

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, shayster007 said:

I'm not frontline working with covid directly. I was close enough to but lumped into phase 1 though, which I'm thankful for due to the nature of my job. I have zero issue with how BC has rolled out the vacination process.

A week ago I had zero timeline on a date, and today I got my first dose. I was in and out within 35 minutes and the process was entirely painless.  Over the course of the weekend they went from 50-60 minutes waits to next to zero line. I'm impressed with the speed and clarity BC was able to start the vacination process, all things considered.

one justifiable complaint is the lack of online scheduling, which apparently is supposed to be in place in a week or so for everyone. Thats something we should have had going for all health authorities, not just Fraser. 

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

one justifiable complaint is the lack of online scheduling, which apparently is supposed to be in place in a week or so for everyone. Thats something we should have had going for all health authorities, not just Fraser. 

I would say it’s not essential - every additional avenue, every additional stream while helps get more people in, also slows things down, the UK system is hardly the most efficient but it’s getting the job done. It’s simply a case of mass mailing people based on their address held with their GP, and also letting people then contact the GP/NHS contact on the letter to book on when they are eligible, there is no rush online to crash a system by people trying to get one. 

also means if you expect a letter but don’t get one you phone your local GP who if some some reason you were missed can check your eligibility and call you in if needed.

it’s not the best system as there are huge cracks in that system people could fall through, but their approach is just get it done and out there, and we will the use the time this gives us to outreach to those who may have dropped through the gaps rather then the Dutch method of designing the perfect and flawless system to distribute and contact people - at the expense of people’s time and therefor lives 

38 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Sure, completely fair. Online booking makes everything easier. They still have to iron out some legistics, but of course they do. This is a massive production. I'm on the island and my booking was completely online. It was very easy, straight forward, and clear. Island Health has been doing a great job so far.

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Sure, completely fair. Online booking makes everything easier. They still have to iron out some legistics, but of course they do. This is a massive production. I'm on the island and my booking was completely online. It was very easy, straight forward, and clear. Island Health has been doing a great job so far.

I think it speaks to a larger issue in our health system - we have 6 health authorities that don't talk to each other. Its such a waste of resources and you can see the differences in service, not just in this instance. I really don't understand why its not just 1 system for the province, it would make roll out of programs so much easier. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think it speaks to a larger issue in our health system - we have 6 health authorities that don't talk to each other. Its such a waste of resources and you can see the differences in service, not just in this instance. I really don't understand why its not just 1 system for the province, it would make roll out of programs so much easier. 

Sure, again I agree with you. Splitting the department's up is designed to streamline specific care, as well as create more positions within each health authority. Health authorities have this issue, provinces have this issue, different states have this issue. For what ever reason this is the way the western medical has developed (can only speak for us I don't know if it's also a global issue)

7 hours ago, shayster007 said:

lol ya because sutts and beags  have such a winning way to their game. Might  be the best and brightest canucks in last 20 yrs their records for team success are unparalleled.  3 playoff rounds thats definately  foundational. Ya also im  pretty sure india vaccinating 3 million people in a day is called organized  whereas 250k in bc is a failure on gov organizing anything  you dont see that as a problem kool i do. 

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Did you miss it in November when they told us we weren't at the top of the list to receive vaccines?

ya  theres ways to  speed it up can always cut pharma out of market  i bet wed get vaccine real fast if  they were banned from selling anything in canada 

• Sad 1

UNBELIEVABLE: our friends - the States stockpile 30M doses of the AZ vaccine. The AZ vaccine hasn't even been approved by the FDA. White House coronavirus coordinator Zients refuses to share AZ vaccine with other countries even other countries have been asking the US to do so.

The US and UK have in fact an export stop imposed on vaccine. European Union doesn't get AZ vaccine from AZ factories located in UK. Disgusting. Disgusting.

“We’re rightly focused on getting Americans vaccinated as soon as possible,” White House coronavirus coordinator Jeffrey Zients said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/u-s-not-planning-share-astrazeneca-vaccine-stockpile-other-countries-n1260991

Edited by Wolfgang Durst