The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

there were a lot of us in the 90s. Pack up the Valliant and head east or west, and don't stop driving for at least two days. 

There were no Valiant's around when I moved West. Sask, to Alta, then eventually to BC, since the early 50's. A short stint in Alberta for grade 5, and back to Lotusland forever.

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

There were no Valiant's around when I moved West. Sask, to Alta, then eventually to BC, since the early 50's. A short stint in Alberta for grade 5, and back to Lotusland forever.

wow you were a pioneer. How many times were you called "flatlander"?

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Thank you for your cooperation.

Good night. 

“I’ll buy that fir a dollar.”  

Robocop was 100% one if the funniest movies I saw in a theatre.  It was so satirical on the direction of the US.  And now we see much of that satire (sadly) expressed down there during this pandemic. 

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I still have one.

In my 72 Dodge Dart Swinger.

The Dart is a Valiant knock-off. 

One of the best engines every made.  We had an older Dart.  I used it on the farm as basically a farm vehicle.  Towed, carried, and even piled stuff on the roof.  Put chains on in the snow and plowed.  The thing was a friggin’ beast.  We eventually gave it to a neighbour kid, who helped out with haying every year.  

We need more cars like those old Darts.  

• Vintage 1

For those contrarians who lately like to bring up Israel as "proof" of their points, seems like they are reporting similar data.  The people in hospital are mostly unvaccinated.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/unvaccinated-israelis-driving-september-apex-in-serious-covid-cases-1.10219209

Unvaccinated Israelis Driving September Apex in Serious COVID Cases

Although the unvaccinated constitute about 17 percent of Israelis who are eligible for vaccine, they account for around two thirds of serious COVID cases

• Upvote 1