The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

11 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

scientific peer review

not sure it has reached "peer review" stage, seems more like Mr. Peacock saying- watch out for this contamination problem.

Hope he is right, and he "likely" is.

More to follow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

^ I think those losers are going to lose again.

Hope the court bills them for the costs.

Pretty nervy to sue a 4 outlet newspaper in B.C. for an opinion piece about unnamed nurses being disciplined in Ontario.

The Comox outlet names all three and has their photos in the article.

I still think this lawsuit is toast though.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, gurn said:

not sure it has reached "peer review" stage, seems more like Mr. Peacock saying- watch out for this contamination problem.

Hope he is right, and he "likely" is.

More to follow.

I didn't realize this wasn't over, but I'm no expert in biology either. The explanation for contamination is reasonable though. I'll check with some peers and see what they think. 
Indeed, more to follow.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

How much of the current Covid situation is more a commentary on the state of Canadian health care? If restrictions and vaccinations are more in defence of treatment capabilities. Canada has the lowest bed count of the OECD. The problem in healthcare predated Covid. Covid simply accentuates the deficiencies. Why aren’t the deaths caused by inadequate treatment or no treatment of people during Covid added into the equation? There has been almost zero accountability in this whole experience.

Whoa.   Watch it there.  
If you call out the government for their poor planning, reaction, efforts, accountability…..

people are going to assume you are an antivaxer.  Lol.  
You are bang on with this post, but people can’t take Bonny and Horgan’s underwear off of their faces long enough to see they have fumbled this every step of the way and continue to do so.  
Zero effort trying to address the real issue. 
Just straight to lock them down and close it all up.  

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2
  • Vintage 1

Today it seems like TV is priming us for twice a year vaccinations going forward. Speaking like it's a done deal. So this will be a requirement to function in our society going forward. My unvaccinated son, who just recovered, was just refused entry into a boiler class because he wasn't double vaccinated, so he will have to comply if he wants a job. He will because he isn't dogmatic one way or the other, he just thought he didn't need it so he wasn't going to get it. Now he does.

13 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Whoa.   Watch it there.  
If you call out the government for their poor planning, reaction, efforts, accountability…..

You are bang on with this post, but people can’t take Bonny and Horgan’s underwear off of their faces long enough to see they have fumbled this every step of the way and continue to do so.  

Whoa, who wouldn't want Bonnie's underwear.:ph34r:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

Today it seems like TV is priming us for twice a year vaccinations going forward. Speaking like it's a done deal. So this will be a requirement to function in our society going forward. My unvaccinated son, who just recovered, was just refused entry into a boiler class because he wasn't double vaccinated, so he will have to comply if he wants a job. He will because he isn't dogmatic one way or the other, he just thought he didn't need it so he wasn't going to get it. Now he does.

Sounds like the restriction is having a positive effect then.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think there's significantly more risk in not taking it and that no one with a functioning brain thinks otherwise.

Oh you don't think natural immunity tops the vaccination. Taking a vaccination now is useless for him, just taking on more risk to please politicians.

Edited by Gatzkek
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Whoa.   Watch it there.  

I remember before the pandemic all the Conservative folks complaining that we don't fund health care in Canada enough. I guess they were right. 

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2782139

But I'm sure you know better than those who conducted this study.

Interesting that you found a study to presumably back up that contention. I'm won't scrutinize it too close because that data is moot now with omicron. So you actually think a vaccine is stronger than natural immunity. Ok, that's surprising. Maybe I'll find something that says otherwise.

• Wat 1

Just now, Gatzkek said:

Interesting that you found a study to presumably back up that contention. I'm won't scrutinize it too close because that data is moot now with omicron. So you actually think a vaccine is stronger than natural immunity. Ok, that's surprising. Maybe I'll find something that says otherwise.

If you read the study, it says vaccination after infection provides a stronger immune response than infection alone.  Got any credible research that suggests otherwise?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2