The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I have been reading a and listening to a lot information in regards to immunity- from catching Covid- vaccinations and both.

This article contains some good info including some from a longitudinal study out of the UK 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-omicron-upended-what-we-thought-we-knew-about-natural-immunity/

I think the last guy said it best, especially the bolded, but this guy I know on Facebook says different. 

And what does Moore think? He was just ready to take a pause from speculation and get some data before anyone starts making decisions for themselves or for society. “I’m fed up with winging answers to reporters like yourself, because I don’t know the answer,” he said. “None of us know for sure.”

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

We knew they would go up. Everyone is catching this thing, so of course they’ll go up. But proportionately it’s a very small amount of people. It seems far less severe than delta. That’s a relief for sure.

Again, let's not forget that delta isn't gone

• Vintage 2

Just now, Jack Fig said:

Provincial government has given up pretending the virus can be controlled. We were going to get to this point, just a matter of when.

After today's announcement, the vaxpass is just a sticking point of vindictiveness. 

Delta is still out there.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

Provincial government has given up pretending the virus can be controlled. We were going to get to this point, just a matter of when.

After today's announcement, the vaxpass is just a sticking point of vindictiveness. 

No point in trying to protect the antivaxxers anymore.  They will get Covid.  Many will get very ill, and some will die.  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I think the last guy said it best, especially the bolded, but this guy I know on Facebook says different. 

And what does Moore think? He was just ready to take a pause from speculation and get some data before anyone starts making decisions for themselves or for society. “I’m fed up with winging answers to reporters like yourself, because I don’t know the answer,” he said. “None of us know for sure.”

I was almost going to quote or reference the last paragraph of the article however there is some good information in the article and I didn't want to dissuade people from reading the article.

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No point in trying to protect the antivaxxers anymore.  They will get Covid.  Many will get very ill, and some will die.  

The vast majority will be just fine. But I agree that people have had every opportunity to make their decision. Time to live again. 

Edited by Jack Fig

5 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

The vast majority will be just fine. But I agree that people have had every opportunity to make their decision. Time to live again. 

I know you know this, but we don't get to decide when it's time.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Which would put it at about 500 cases per day

Sure. People are getting the crap kicked out of them .... back at work and fine 3 days later. Not really much different from a bad flu strain. Overall health and immune systems are key, as they always are. 

Yes ... have to be concerned about the hospital capabilities. That's the real concern. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Us vaccinated have been living.  It’s the antivaxxers who have been dying.  

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Meaning? 

Meaning we can say "it's time" all we want, but we're at the mercy of the virus.  Ignoring science, shrugging off restrictions, ignoring health orders before it's under control again is just got to drag is down deeper and extend the suffering.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Sure. People are getting the crap kicked out of them .... back at work and fine 3 days later. Not really much different from a bad flu strain. Overall health and immune systems are key, as they always are. 

Yes ... have to be concerned about the hospital capabilities. That's the real concern. 

Vaccines (of which we have had many, especially when young) contribute greatly to overall health.  

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Meaning we can say "it's time" all we want, but we're at the mercy of the virus.  Ignoring science, shrugging off restrictions, ignoring health orders before it's under control again is just got to drag is down deeper and extend the suffering.

It's been two years. How do you define "under control?" 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

It's been two years. How do you define "under control?" 

Stable over an extended period of time.  I certainly wouldnt consider 8-10000 cases per day under control

Edited by stawns
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Patients who don’t have COVID-19 could end up in the same hospital rooms as patients who do have the virus, B.C. health officials said Friday.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-hospitals-can-put-covid-positive-and-negative-patients-in-same-rooms-top-doctor-1.5750555

This is truly horrifying

Multi patient rooms are not set up for the ventilation needed to protect someone 

It really seems like the plan is to max infect people quickly to bring an end to this

Completely reckless and irresponsible

Imagine your loved one being forced exposed to covid to gamble they will be ok while they battle what got them there as well

I would refuse and take my loved one to an American hospital and pay before allowing this for them

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If this is the case then why the f*** even bother with the vaxx passport?  Travel advisories etc?

I've a friend stuck in Mexico because she needs to wait x amount of time and have a clear test to come home.

After today why?

The vaccine passport was never instituted for our safety.  It was done to take away certain privileges from people in order to coerce them to get vaccinated to increase vaccination rates.  With today's announcement more than likely the vaccine passport won't even be renewed on January 31.

Here is a video from Dr. Patricia Daly from last year that confirms this:

Dr. Patricia Daly:

"The vaccine passport requires people to be vaccinated to do certain discretionary activities, such as go to restaurants, movies, gyms.  Not because these places are high risk, we're not actually seeing COVID transmission in these settings, it's really to create an incentive to improve our vaccination coverage"...

"The vaccine passport is for non-essential opportunities, and it's really to create an incentive to get higher vaccination rates"...

• Haha 1