The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

19 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Sorry, thought it was obvious, since the grammar was actually tolerable, the spelling mistakes were intentional. I have zero tolerance for sleazy, willfully ignorant clowns like the one I was belittling. 

I thought you might have been from a country that doesn't speak English.

That's one of the great things about our game and team, it brings people together from many societies on this planet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'd just like to point out.

My mom said I could be anything I wanted to be.

My grandma said I was her handsome man.

Tequila said I could dance with that hit girl and beat up her old man.

I ended up an ex tradesman turned photographer with a pot belly and receding hairline and that hot girls old man, who was in fact tall and beautiful put a size 12 to my cheek.

Sometimes...my mom said a lot of things that just didn't turn out the way she promised

Yeah, but bustedcups mommy went to a seminar, so everything he says must be true.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'd just like to point out.

My mom said I could be anything I wanted to be.

My grandma said I was her handsome man.

Tequila said I could dance with that hit girl and beat up her old man.

I ended up an ex tradesman turned photographer with a pot belly and receding hairline and that hot girls old man, who was in fact tall and beautiful put a size 12 to my cheek.

Sometimes...my mom said a lot of things that just didn't turn out the way she promised

My mum told me if I believe in myself 100 percent, give/ put in a hundred percent into what I choose to do, I can achieve anything I set my mind to.

Guess what, she was right. 

The only problem was I should have believed her, and applied her advice earlier in my life.

Oh well I only lost a decade.

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

The science and data is published and it’s overwhelming.  The vaccines work extremely well.  The unvaccinated are at the highest risk for severe illness, hospitalization, and death.  The antivaxxers are either too stupid to understand the science, or they are unwilling to accept it.  So dumb, or dumber.  

Lol. Find it ironic it's legally required the government web site has to make this information available,  but they make u request it and wait ? I did . 

This is the result of all the articles and announcements that hospitals were being overwhelmed 

Screenshot_20220210-072142_Gallery.jpg

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

The science and data is published and it’s overwhelming.  The vaccines work extremely well.  The unvaccinated are at the highest risk for severe illness, hospitalization, and death.  The antivaxxers are either too stupid to understand the science, or they are unwilling to accept it.  So dumb, or dumber.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/8446266/kington-area-hospitals-covid-19-influx/

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thehouse/canada-health-care-long-term-reform-1.6316538

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/americas/canada-hospitals-brace-third-wave/index.html

Results? Was this true ? 

Again.......off the official government web site 

Screenshot_20220210-072142_Gallery.jpg

13 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

This is interesting.

Does it have to do with postponed surgeries due to the pandemic?

I found this from last Sept, they haven't been hiding anything. Dix yaps about it in this article. 

https://www.prpeak.com/coronavirus-covid-19-local-news/bc-hospital-occupancy-remains-far-below-pre-pandemic-times-4467334

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This is interesting.

I found this from last Sept, they haven't been hiding anything. Dix yaps about it in this article. 

https://www.prpeak.com/coronavirus-covid-19-local-news/bc-hospital-occupancy-remains-far-below-pre-pandemic-times-4467334

It likely has to do with what many of us have been discussing, the multi-decade degradation of capacity of the health care system.  

Governments have cut and cut and cut beds so that capacity is mostly maxed out at all times.  

They look at excess capacity as waste not buffer and necessity, it is clear there was no plan for scaling up and two years into pandemic have seen no significant push to scale up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This is interesting.

Cranbrook has 3 operating rooms and only 1 is running as of last weekend. The one running is for emergency only. All other surgery is shut down. Surgeons are sitting at home. The hospital is NOT over run with Covid. There is no reason why surgery could not be done. The morale of workers is poor.

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Cranbrook has 3 operating rooms and only 1 is running as of last weekend. The one running is for emergency only. All other surgery is shut down. Surgeons are sitting at home. The hospital is NOT over run with Covid. There is no reason why surgery could not be done. The morale of workers is poor.

Hopefully we really are starting to see the end of this virus.

Dix explains the strategy and strain in the article I posted. But i also wanted to post that info to show that the BC gov weren't hiding this info. The article is from Sept 2021.

There is a real attack on all media right now. That concerns me as it is exactly what MSM gets knocked for...controlling the narrative.

I have stated before my brother is one of those ' dont watch cable, you're brain washed ' type. I explain to him that I get info from everywhere. Even right here on CDC people link some good stuff.

He gets all his info from Facebook.

Thank about that...a platform that I have to sign up for, owns everything I upload and has proven algorithms designed to control.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This is interesting.

Well, the glaring issue for me is article after article after article by a media outlet ( the cbc that took 600 million dollars from the liberal government when at the point of bankruptcy ) saying over and over that hospital staff is working double shifts , the hospitals are totally overrun and overwhelmed with icu patients,  so go get ur vaccine.  This is one example of complete manipulation during this pandemic.  How the F can anyone seriously blindly trust the interpretation of " the science " when they have proven you can't? It's seriously unbelievable.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Heathcare system had issues well before COVID.  So this isn't surprising.  Makes it all the more important not to make a premature declaration of victory (re: mandates) to tax an already system held together with bandaides even more.  You want to talk about poor morale.  Throw-in overworked to the formula (re: ward full of COVID patients) if there's another large spike up.

• Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This is interesting.

I'm not taking things off a joe rogan podcast .  

I mean this is all real, official government web sites, and people think anything outside of media headlines is a conspiracy? 

I mean look for f sakes! You don't find CBC s articles strange after what I said , and after seeing this ? It's on the official liberal party web site for God sakes! Lol. I'm an idiot for not trusting this main media outlet to direct my thoughts on the pandemic? Sweet baby Jesus,  these are insane times .

Screenshot_20220210-082651_Google.jpg

Edited by cuporbust
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Well, the glaring issue for me is article after article after article by a media outlet ( the cbc that took 600 million dollars from the liberal government when at the point of bankruptcy ) saying over and over that hospital staff is working double shifts , the hospitals are totally overrun and overwhelmed with icu patients,  so go get ur vaccine.  This is one example of complete manipulation during this pandemic.  How the F can anyone seriously blindly trust the interpretation of " the science " when they have proven you can't? It's seriously unbelievable.  

Dix explains in the article that `surge`bed take up more staffing hours and non-essential surgeries have been postponed to be able to handle covid patients.

Getting ur vaccine reduces the impact of patients in icu. All stats I have seen show that. Some dont understand ratios and say things like`just as many vaxxed as unvaxxed are in icu` but if all things were equal, and 90% of the population are vaxxed. That should men 90% of those in icu would be vaxxed. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

I mean this is all real, official government web sites, and people think anything outside of media headlines is a conspiracy? 

I mean look for f sakes! You don't find CBC s articles strange after what I said , and after seeing this ? It's on the official liberal party web site for God sakes! Lol

Im just pointing out Dix and BHen spoke about the icu numbers in their pressers all along.

They are the government. Listen to their words if you dont trust reporting on it. You dont need to go to cbc, there are many other sources. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I mean look for f sakes! You don't find CBC s articles strange after what I said , and after seeing this ? It's on the official liberal party web site for God sakes! Lol. I'm an idiot for not trusting this main media outlet to direct my thoughts on the pandemic? Sweet baby Jesus,  these are insane times .

You understand the CBC is a public service, right?  It's funded by every government, regardless of the party in power.  They are as impartial as it gets in Canada.

• Vintage 1