The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

i mean wtf. Is that really what its come to in the US? 

I listened to a few minutes of the testimony from Dr. Bright this am, and hearing republicans try to spin that there was no difference between approval for a clinical trial and public use was painful. It also didn't work.

i think my favorite is the new outrage over all the Derp State operatives who asked that Michael Flynn be "unmasked".......as if that was specifically targeting Flynn....

....ummmm...they didn't know it was Flynn, you morons. They wouldn't have asking for the unmasking if they did.....:picard:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Asked what would happen next in Wisconsin, Gov. Evers said it was "the Wild West" in the state as no restrictions now applied.

"At this point in time there's no orders," he said. "There's nothing compelling anyone to do anything other than having chaos here."

This will be the USA test case on re-opening.  I predict you will see a huge spike of infections in 2 weeks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Asked what would happen next in Wisconsin, Gov. Evers said it was "the Wild West" in the state as no restrictions now applied.

"At this point in time there's no orders," he said. "There's nothing compelling anyone to do anything other than having chaos here."

This will be the USA test case on re-opening.  I predict you will see a huge spike of infections in 2 weeks.

Packers hillbilly base is out in the full force in Green Bay.

Gotta put coveralls to good use I guess.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/open-immediately-wisconsinites-head-out-to-bars-after-state-stay-at-home-orders-lifted/ar-BB144Lhn?li=BBnb7Kz#interstitial=1

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Packers hillbilly base is out in the full force in Green Bay.

Gotta put coveralls to good use I guess.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/open-immediately-wisconsinites-head-out-to-bars-after-state-stay-at-home-orders-lifted/ar-BB144Lhn?li=BBnb7Kz#interstitial=1

And they'll be the first to cry for help.

Which could have been avoided if they opened cautiously and continue practice social distancing.

Not exactly 6ft distance from those bar stools in those pics.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Which could have been avoided if they opened cautiously and continue practice social distancing.

Once again...science schmience.  Who needs science when you have freedom!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

I am all for freedom of choice, all these people can open up.

Just sign a waiver that you will not seek medical treatment if you get infected.

Leave masks, Clorox, hospital beds, respirators etc. to others.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

when I need a good laugh, all i have to do is come into this thread and read some posts that are comical. We have minimal cases per day yet some feel the whole province should be in lockdown for some time and nothing should re open...You all have to eat right? If you have gone into grocery stores the past 2 months you have been in a heavily used environment by people everyday all day. 

Stop with the overreacting, keep your distance when you can, wash your hands dont touch items then shove your hands all over your raise or your thumb in your mouth. Really you shouldn't be doing that anyway without washing your hands. This virus should be an eye opener to everyone in regards to how to maintain a proper level of hygiene after going out and shopping/ opening doors etc etc.

We will get past this, yes more will have to die unfortunately, humans die from an array of illnesses all the time this just happens to be an easily spreadable virus so use your head and do the best you can to wash up after going into any store.

Can I have that sentence translated to English please?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

i think my favorite is the new outrage over all the Derp State operatives who asked that Michael Flynn be "unmasked".......as if that was specifically targeting Flynn....

....ummmm...they didn't know it was Flynn, you morons. They wouldn't have asking for the unmasking if they did.....:picard:

well, he is the New Mandella so I guess thats part for the course with Derp State :lol:

28 minutes ago, BPA said:

Coronavirus in Wuhan: Inside China's Plan to Test 11 Million People

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/coronavirus-in-wuhan-inside-chinas-plan-to-test-11-million-people/ar-BB145QAQ?li=AAggFp4&ocid=hplocalnews

The conspiracy nut in me says this is Chinas way of documenting DNA of their citizens.

:ph34r:

China politics aside, thats a pretty amazing accomplishment if they can pull it off. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

China politics aside, thats a pretty amazing accomplishment if they can pull it off. 

11 million in the matter of what?  A days/few weeks?  MAGA can't reach that amount of tests *to date so far* (several months).

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

11 million in the matter of what?  A days/few weeks?  MAGA can't reach that amount of tests *to date so far* (several months).

10 days is what the article says! A massive logistical challenge.

• Upvote 2

Why America's social distancing efforts have had 'painfully slow' results

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/why-americas-social-distancing-efforts-have-had-painfully-slow-results/ar-BB13JVBF?ocid=hplocalnews

That lack of a consistent, national message has created uncertainty. With no clear guidance, individuals are trying and struggling to decide what to do.

"That's what causes the leakiness," Abuelezam said. "People are having a hard time assessing their risk of getting coronavirus."

Without national rules, there are no travel restrictions within cities, within states or between states. The shutdowns vary by state and even sometimes by county, so individuals in shutdown areas are able to go across town lines to places that are open.

"That completely undoes the positives of shutting or locking down an area," Abuelezam said.

Prediction:  It's gonna get bad in the USA.

• Cheers 3

Two weeks after Texas reopening coronavirus virus cases increase by most ever

Thu 14 May 2020 21:32:16 GMT

Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Texas rose by more than 1,400 to nearly 43,900 on Thursday

Texas Department of State Health Services
  • Vintage 3

7 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

when I need a good laugh, all i have to do is come into this thread and read some posts that are comical. We have minimal cases per day yet some feel the whole province should be in lockdown for some time and nothing should re open...You all have to eat right? If you have gone into grocery stores the past 2 months you have been in a heavily used environment by people everyday all day. 

Stop with the overreacting, keep your distance when you can, wash your hands dont touch items then shove your hands all over your raise or your thumb in your mouth. Really you shouldn't be doing that anyway without washing your hands. This virus should be an eye opener to everyone in regards to how to maintain a proper level of hygiene after going out and shopping/ opening doors etc etc.

We will get past this, yes more will have to die unfortunately, humans die from an array of illnesses all the time this just happens to be an easily spreadable virus so use your head and do the best you can to wash up after going into any store.

It’s a biiiiit more complicated than that. 

But hey. Enjoy the nonchalance.

• Vintage 2