The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Coronavirus: Dutch singletons advised to seek ‘sex buddy’

The Dutch government has issued new guidance to single people seeking intimacy during the pandemic, advising them to find a "sex buddy".

The National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) says singletons should come to an arrangement with one other person.

But pairings should avoid sex if one of them suspects they have coronavirus, the advice says.

The guidance comes after critics said there was no sex advice for singles.

Social-distancing measures have been in place in the Netherlands since 23 March, when the government imposed what it called an "intelligent" or "targeted" lockdown.

The rules were far less strict than those of the country's neighbours, permitting small gatherings of people if social distancing was observed.

But in guidance published on 14 May, the RIVM said "it makes sense that as a single [person] you also want to have physical contact" during the pandemic.

Should singletons choose to engage in sexual contact, precautions should be taken to minimise the risk of coronavirus exposure, the authority said.

"Discuss how best to do this together," the RIVM guidance says. "For example, meet with the same person to have physical or sexual contact (for example, a cuddle buddy or 'sex buddy'), provided you are free of illness.

"Make good arrangements with this person about how many other people you both see. The more people you see, the greater the chance of (spreading) the coronavirus."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52685773

Better advice than injecting disinfectant. :lol:

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, skategal said:

I was on a Zoom meeting this morning with mostly US fitness people, for the most part they are saying that the fitness facilities they are working at are opening next week.  Couple of exceptions, Ireland not til mid August.  One big box gym will have one hour appts, have to book ahead and only allowed 3 appts per week.  Another is measuring out 8 foot spaces for classes, met at the door, hands sprayed, have to walk onto a disinfectant cloth, then go straight to your square.  All equipment for the class is in the square, leave right after.  No changeroom/shower facilities.  Classes booked with an hour between to allow for cleaning/sanitizing. 

General consensus was that no one was comfortable and felt the fitness facilities were opening too soon.  

Vancouver did some interesting polling that was released yesterday.  Asked how many people would be willing to return to a gym.  About 60ish percent if there was adequate cleaning would return.  Heavily weighted to men, women not so comfortable.  Many won't return until there is a vaccine.  At least that was the thought at the point in time the survey was done.  That may change down the road as people see a continued slow spread of the virus (fingers crossed). 

I cannot wait until gyms start opening.  Just as I got out of my cast and was allowed by physio to start rehab at the gym this pandemic hit and shut them down.  Haven't been able to get my body healthy yet because of that so hopefully soon so I can start doing some better training to heal.

• Wat 1

23 hours ago, Russ said:

I cannot wait until gyms start opening.  Just as I got out of my cast and was allowed by physio to start rehab at the gym this pandemic hit and shut them down.  Haven't been able to get my body healthy yet because of that so hopefully soon so I can start doing some better training to heal.

Schwarzenegger grew up in an Austrian castle lifting stone in bags for weights. Surely you can come up with something...

The gym is a great way to spread Covid; sweat, suspended micro particles, central air, showers and groaning (speaking loud).

It’s Covid heaven.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Russ said:

Well, of you're itching for an infection, I'll bet the gym is the top place to get it.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Second reason:  Test run for September.

That's the justification were being told.  Though I think it's a terrible, dangerous move and I am not happy about having to spend a month in a building with 200 people, I do miss the kids terribly.

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's the justification were being told.  Though I think it's a terrible, dangerous move and I am not happy about having to spend a month in a building with 200 people, I do miss the kids terribly.

My wife works in SD62.  They haven't been told that's the reason but it makes sense as a theory.

Better to test their setup now than in September which is usually chaos on its own.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

My wife works in SD62.  They haven't been told that's the reason but it makes sense as a theory.

Better to test their setup now than in September which is usually chaos on its own.

It is, I agree.  However, schools are virus breeding heaven, elementary especially

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It is, I agree.  However, schools are virus breeding heaven, elementary especially

Yep. I'm pretty disappointed in what BC is opening up so quickly.

There should be no way Gyms or schools should be opening this quickly. We should be opening retail and medical services and see how that goes. They are the least risky things to open.

Seems like we are opening up stuff that is super risky way too quickly and it could be very bad.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenbean said:

Yep. I'm pretty disappointed in what BC is opening up so quickly.

There should be no way Gyms or schools should be opening this quickly. We should be opening retail and medical services and see how that goes. They are the least risky things to open.

Seems like we are opening up stuff that is super risky way too quickly and it could be very bad.

Especially BC... The entire Province is a gym.

Given the parameters around what is required prior to a gym being allowed to open, I think a lot of the risk will be mitigated.  Whether it will be financially feasible for the business to remain open is another story.  Some people can't work out alone either through lack of knowledge or motivation.  Working out in a class is a social activity, and it does assist people to remain healthy...much like taking vitamin D.  Or hey, just eating healthy.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.  

• Cheers 2

On 5/14/2020 at 10:30 AM, debluvscanucks said:

I really decided against public pools when I was in one once and the lifeguard yelled, frantically, to clear everyone out.  Thought it was a medical emergency when I saw...turds in the pool.

Nope.  Never again...was enough for me.

“Caddy Shack”  :ph34r:

After standing in line to enter my local London Drugs today ( something that is our new normal ) 

I gazed upon shelves loaded with different brands of toilet paper and paper towels ..... with not a “ limit one “ sign in sight !!!
lol it felt so strange , haven’t seen that since the beginning of March .... have people finally clued in that they don’t have to hoard. 
it felt like a step towards normalcy lol. :towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I see a lot of people wearing them, but I never see them for sale. And I was at London Drugs yesterday. Maybe Home Depot where the paint and drywall are? 

Canadian Tire had some awhile ago 

• Cheers 1