The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sunday Camp Cancelled Due To Possible COVID Exposure

Rate this topic

-DLC-

53 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

It isn't easy. This virus spreads too easily esp asymptomatic and presymptomatic spread.  People can't tell they are infectious.

Jokingly, anyone read this announcement and the first guy you think is JV?  

I kid you not, all 4 of the active hockey chats I've seen this morning have referred to him right away.
Where there's smoke...?

• Haha 2
  • Wat 3

4 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

Guaranteed the season will be canceled. I don’t know why they are even bothering. Should just do a bubble playoffs again. That worked well.

The bubble is extremely expensive...I heard $1M/day.   But not having a season comes with a price too.

I think they'll still be able to do it...but this is a warning sign and a reminder to all that no one is special and COVID is everywhere.

• Cheers 2

I'm gonna make an assumption that Hamonic may have been exposed to potentially someone on his flight when he came from Winnipeg (unless he drove).

He may been in contact with Canucks staff / hotel staff that may also be in contact with the rest of the players. Thus a precaution to shut it down.

Do a wide scale testing, get 2 negative results and boom we back in action tomorrow/ Monday

1 minute ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

I'm gonna make an assumption that Hamonic may have been exposed to potentially someone on his flight when he came from Winnipeg (unless he drove).

He may been in contact with Canucks staff / hotel staff that may also be in contact with the rest of the players. Thus a precaution to shut it down.

Do a wide scale testing, get 2 negative results and boom we back in action tomorrow/ Monday

There is no point in making (reductive) assumptions like this - about anyone - though.

Literally anyone can be exposed and that exposure can from countless possibilities.

Ie - I could assume that it's the media - they lack boundaries, they never frack off, they speak too often and too moistly...but that would be less about the media than my own 'predilections'.

• Cheers 2

If I put on my tinfoil hat, maybe this “potential exposure” thing is just a ploy to allow them to cancel camp for a day or two, and avoid having to answer any questions about Motte’s antics last scrimmage. 

I mean, pretty much every day during a pandemic is a “potential exposure.” 

Just seems too convenient.

Had they been forced to go ahead with the regularly scheduled zoom calls, I was expecting half the questions would be about the slewfoot(s).

Now, we’re distracted by “potential exposures,” and not talking about the giant vat of Motte’s Slewmato that got spilled on the ice last night.  

(I’m kidding, of course, but it sure is a strange coincidence that the day after Motte just went ham against his teammates, culminating in Gauds finally dropping the mitts in response, we have this cancellation and compete radio silence from the players and coaches.)

4505E15A-AC16-4396-A299-57E4A28F8E52.gif.90b29d05bb810fbe35d89ad079dac264.gif

(Heavy ;) throughout this post, if that wasn’t already clear.)

I keep coming back to these threads. Speculating doesn't help, but like others here, I hope it isn't going to transmit to players.

If hockey is cancelled, then crazy will start creeping back in. There's already enough crazy, we need tranquility and serenity now.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Perhaps you should inquire if he is available to go one one one on the ice. Would love to see that. Your calling one of the players on the team a dip$&!# says a lot more about your maturity; or lack thereof than it does about Jake

What ... lol really ?    I sincerely apologize if

i insulted you in the most profound way.   Honestly , long have been the days where you could freely say something without insulting ones sensitivity. 

why would I go one on one with an nhl player?  

relax man, it was a joke and you clearly took it to heart. 

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

If hockey is cancelled, then crazy will start creeping back in. There's already enough crazy, we need tranquility and serenity now.

I agree...which is why I hope we keep the COVID stuff here and keep the sacred hockey talk as such. 

I feel like I started crawling over to the crazy side yesterday.  Went out, regrouped, came back...was ok.

Not ok today. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2