The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Davathor said:

My old boys been keeping me sane through social (and job) distancing haha

The reason I don't see Sven on the top line is we've been there. He isn't a top 6 on any team in the league (or they would have picked him up for free a long time ago) so why slot him in here just because of familiarity? Honestly I'd rather see Bailey or Big Mac given a chance. 

20201225_193322.jpg

I agree, many can't accept that he is no longer "that" player. He had years and years to prove himself but came up short of solidifying a regular NHL job. I see this a lot on this sight where a player is rated far higher then they actually are. 

He is one of those "one dimensional" players who needed to do his one attribute extremely well or find himself on the outside looking in. He is kind of the opposite of LE but with the same problem. 

This new NHL commands more of a "200 foot player" or a more "complete" player to stay competitive. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I agree, many can't accept that he is no longer "that" player. He had years and years to prove himself but came up short of solidifying a regular NHL job. I see this a lot on this sight where a player is rated far higher then they actually are. 

He is one of those "one dimensional" players who needed to do his one attribute extremely well or find himself on the outside looking in. He is kind of the opposite of LE but with the same problem. 

This new NHL commands more of a "200 foot player" or a more "complete" player to stay competitive. 

As much as I make fun of LE, he STILL can play more than adequately defensively at the NHL level.  It's just that he has ZERO offensive game (and of course that $6 million cap hit).

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

As much as I make fun of LE, he STILL can play more than adequately defensively at the NHL level.  It's just that he has ZERO offensive game (and of course that $6 million cap hit).

Exactly! Hence his one dimensional tag and why he is no longer a regular in the NHL. Kind of like the discussion with Baertchi?

Perhaps we can  combine them together to make 1 hockey player? ::D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Not to mention that stat someone figured out, 1 hit per 300 something minutes of ice time lol. 

Hopefully this gives a young guy a shot, or just throw Hitman Motte on the top line and watch him injure McDavid

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Awwww...so awesome. 

My bun died during it all...just added to the extreme sad, weird time this has been for me.  He was with me for 10 years and when I'd go to games, it was SO nice to have him waiting at home here for me.  He loved the Canucks btw.

Awe that's too bad. I grew up with rabbits, they sure can be calming

My boys 16 and just really started showing it. Almost been a blessing being locked down to spend all this time with him before he gets any worse

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Awe that's too bad. I grew up with rabbits, they sure can be calming

My boys 16 and just really started showing it. Almost been a blessing being locked down to spend all this time with him before he gets any worse

That's right...there are some positives for sure.  I'm glad you're getting to spend that time with him...quality time.  :)

I wonder if Miller wishes he stayed with a different team mate. Sucks for him to miss the start of the season, he's so competitive. I just hope the rest of the team stays healthy. They'll just have to adjust, I'm not too worried against EDM, as long as Holtby's solid.

Tsn analysts not real high on the Canucks chances.  One team I thought they really overrated was Montreal.  Their Center ice depth/quality may be the worst in the North division and price’s stats have been pedestrian by his standards the last 3 years.  Lots of wingers but I just don’t see them in the top 4.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Davathor said:

My old boys been keeping me sane through social (and job) distancing haha

The reason I don't see Sven on the top line is we've been there. He isn't a top 6 on any team in the league (or they would have picked him up for free a long time ago) so why slot him in here just because of familiarity? Honestly I'd rather see Bailey or Big Mac given a chance. 

20201225_193322.jpg

Are kids look related lol