The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

You could probably say that about alot of goalies can't you?  Except maybe Cloutier.:P

Dang don’t do me like that lol I loved Cloutier.

Mostly just likes him for his compete level and fiery attitude. Plus he did have one pretty wicked season. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

not that I think he's stood out, but I agree. it would be a losing strategy long-term, but for the next couple games with miller out I'd try horvat on the wing on the top line, load that line up and hope they can carry the team for a few games. in the mean time I'd put gaudette in the middle on line 2 and move sutter up to 3c. 

This is what it comes to after one loss. Dismantling the second like that so Petey and Boeser have someone to play with. Pretty sure they are talented enough to figure it out. It’s one game 

52 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Dang don’t do me like that lol I loved Cloutier.

Mostly just likes him for his compete level and fiery attitude. Plus he did have one pretty wicked season. 

Could’ve used him for his fighting ability against the Bruins in the Cup Finals.  Marchand would be eating his dinners with a straw if he tried anything on him.:lol:

• Vintage 1

• -SN- changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

PP has to score to win. Stop the way too many, especially cross-ice, passes which are too easy to block and clear. Passes should set up for one timers. Shoot whenever possible and go for the rebounds. Would like to see the PP to shoot more often, rather than turning over the puck with those over passes. Give the 2nd unit more time on the PP as I believe they are as dangerous as the 1st unit because both Audette and Virtanen love to shoot. These two scored 10 PP goals with limited PP time last year. TG should stop using Virtanen as scapegoat whenever the team underperforms.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Lazurus said:

Well losing like that, the score didn't reflect how bad the Canucks were, Demko played okay.

I see it didn't take long for either the media or Green to put the focus of the loss on Jake Virtanen. "Jake just didn't make the line go, Son of a gun, if that McDavid guy didn't score 3 goals the first line might done better if Jake was not so bad"

Benning better sign Tryamkin as fast as he can, Myers was the only Canuck defenceman McD didn't go around like a hoop around a barrel, that wing span helps stop that.

McDavid managed to, and I no idea how it happened, embarrass 3 defencemen in one shift and goal. 43 and 23 ended up just standing there looking and 27 made contact well after the goal was scored, 3 defence on the ice at one time. That is the part of "How did that happen?"

Well only 8 more times, woo hoo!

I saw the interview and Green didn't blame Jake. But of course the media did. Sad

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I judge how drunk you are by how many times you post FIRE GREEN during the game :)

just wait till you see squamfan posts, if were winning wont be many ill tell you that or if theres a virtanen mistake...at least dumbnuck can be entertaining.

• Haha 1

I hope we take these two games seriously and give the fLames a losing streak. I fear the boys will take it easy on their former teammates... finish every check on the turncoats! especially leivo. We invested so much time into his recovery and he showed his loyalty by signing with a rival!

light up Marky 6-0 Canucks. 

Edited by Trebreh

Way too much focus on Virtanen by the media and many CDC posters!

The loss in game 2 wasn’t really anything to do with Jake. He didn’t have a great game but that’s about it. There were many Canucks that played worse.

I was actually in favour of moving on from Jake last year, because what you see is what you get with Jake.

Anyway, he wasn’t the reason for the loss against Oilers.

Looking forward to crushing the Lames. Go Canucks Go!

26 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

The whole team was lackluster but Virt is to blame.

4 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

Yes, especially when most people got 18-22 minutes while he barely got more than 10 minutes. But yes, let's blame him. He even got 2-3 hits and 2-3 takeaways but yes, let's blame him.

Like subscribe and favorite

4-0 Canucks, get wrecked Calgary Lames

42 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

The whole team was lackluster but Virt is to blame.

He is easy to blame because we all see how talented he is and when he makes mistakes they are amplified. He is unfortunately in Cam Neelys shadow because we all want him to be that. 

I think he ends up being a serviceable 3rd or 4th liner. I think he could be an elite level shadow. He is north to south and has about 3% creativity. 

Other guys like that had great careers. Dino Cicarelli comes to mind. He doesn't have Dinos drive but man, I wish Zack or Roussel had Jake's skill. 

• Cheers 1