The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, luckylager said:

That's what we're waiting on. 

As soon as they rotate towards Bo, they gotta give Petey space.. and boom.

They have to respect EPs shot thats why they won't rotate. No one is expecting BO to keeps scoring so no reason to adjust, no way BO can score at will like this makes no sense if I was Montreal not sure what to do.

2 minutes ago, ForestFalcon said:

So far, this is the first game I'm really starting to notice Juolevi. He's looked pretty good so far, liked I've seen from him on the penalty kill. Would love if he can keep it up and work his way into a full time role. 

He has been responsible, which is what you want from a rookie Dman. No points and a plus 1 so far. Tonight is a big moment in his career, I am hopeful he can put up an Apple on the board, but twine snapping wrister over the blocker would be Great! Hahaha, tonight he may double his on ice minutes for the season. lol

2020-2021 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG
DATE OPP RESULT G A PTS +/- PIM SOG % PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG TOI PROD
Wed 1/13
  • @
  • EDM
W 5-3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 10:16 0:00
Thu 1/14
  • @
  • EDM
L 2-5 0 0 0 0 0 2 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 11:20 0:00
Sat 1/16
  • @
  • CGY
L 0-3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 10:53 0:00
Mon 1/18
  • @
  • CGY
L 2-5 0 0 0 1 0 2 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 7:55 0:00
January Totals 0 0 0 1 0 4 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 40:24 0:00
Regular Season Stats 0 0 0 1 0 4 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 40:24 0:00
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pettersson needs to be demoted to the fourth line. He’s slacking off. 

..............incoming Canuck fan rage in 3, 2, 1

Not sure I agree with the slacking off. He looks engaged just void of confidence.

Demotion could make that worse.

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

The one drawback I thought of to the question of "Why didn't we do 3 or 4 game mini series in the regular season before COVID protocol?" was literally this scenario. YOu can beat up one or two guys in game one and enjoy not having them in the lineup in games 2 thru 4. 

I don't think any of our injuries are on purpose from the Canadiens but the concept on paper looks like it could pay off for money hungry playoff hopeful clubs. 

Seems like every team is pounding Quinn and Petey a little extra this season

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

That Luc-Dubois clip is too good hahaha

Any idea why LUC just stood in the corner and did nothing? Later he was seen laughing on the bench.. whats up with him? Can you actually cruise in the NHL and collect your million bucks?

5 minutes ago, Bastard said:

Now please Montreal invest into video tapes - if Bo scores another PP goal from the same spot it would be comical almost laughable..please learn, pivot and adjust for fuk sakes.

Just before Horvat's first of 3 pp goals like that I was thinking "ffs we're overusing that play- it's getting way too predictable."

on the other hand - they have no choice but to give up some space - there are too many weapons on that powerplay.

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

You're right on both accounts. Or all 3 accounts.

Maybe not fourth, but if "somebody" else were doing what he's been doing the past couple games he'd be a healthy scratch by now.

I know. Elias needs to get it together. That somebody has put in solid efforts and displayed some backbone against Chiarot. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Not sure I agree with the slacking off. He looks engaged just void of confidence.

Demotion could make that worse.

Absolutely not lack of effort. Gripping his stick too tight and he also draws a lot of coverage, opening up room for his linemates. 

Horvat is going to make them question keying in on Pettersson on the power play now though. Let's see that one timer. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bastard said:

Any idea why LUC just stood in the corner and did nothing? Later he was seen laughing on the bench.. whats up with him? Can you actually cruise in the NHL and collect your million bucks?

He's requested a trade cuz he hates Torts (not confirmed... but confirmed ;))

Torts has been benching him for requesting a trade. So after being benched a few games he doesn't give a $&!# anymore. 

Edited by MikeyD