The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, swizzey said:

Is it just me or are we starting to realize why Vegas parted with 88 for a 3rd?

Granted he hasn't played all that well for us yet, but he was really playing well when he was in Vegas.  At least what I saw of him.  But it can't just be me because he was one of the leaders of a good team in ice time.  I don't think it's a case of that Vegas were wanting to get rid of him.  More like they couldn't afford to keep him.  I'm going to give him a bit of a pass until he adjusts to a new team.  I'm still expecting big things from him once he gets his legs under him.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2

I don't know how you can't fault the coaching staff when literally every single team we ever play against, just gets out of their zone so easily. Ottawa got out of their zone pretty easily the majority of those 3 games. They're arguably the worst team in the NHL. On the flip side we literally cannot get out of the zone. It's not possible. Every single time there's any ounce of pressure, it's impossible.

It doesn't make sense. Arguably the WORST team in the NHL with an overall horrible D corps continually had no issues getting out of their zone against us. We struggled against them. Just like we do against every single team in the league. 

How can you possibly defend the coaching staff when every single game has been the same. The Canucks struggle to get an offensive zone shift, their D corps has such an easy time getting the puck out with possession. We are constantly in the D zone giving up clean looks and chance after chance. Struggle to ever get the puck out with possession. 

5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Yah we need 5 more Edlers on that blueline.  He’s the only one playing defense.

We have no one in the pipeline that plays or leads like Edler.  That should be really concerning and dont think ppl understand how much.  Hopefully Joulevi can come close.  

2 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Victor Mete available?  I’d be alright with that, what happened to him?  I remember him playing well for team Canada at the WJC

I would have considered it if he was a right-handed defenceman. But then again, would it make more sense to give a chance to Rathbone/Rafferty instead?