The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too....haven't seen anything good at all so far.  I get that he's a great guy....but we need great players.

sometimes it take a new player   a bit of time , maybe he has the wrong partner,  i am giving him time to gel

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, PositionOfPower said:

Alot of that was masked by Markstrom who bailed us out. Now our real d  or systems is being exposed. Believe me we gave alot of odd man rushes last.playoffs aswell.

Ya that's why I mentioned we had better goaltending. 

Also doesn't help when we let go of our best defensive defencemen. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I was listening to coach Budreau on 690 today. He said takes a season before player hits his stride with new team.

Said it takes time to get comfy in locker room and start life in new city..

Toffoli not having those problems gelling in mtl. He didnt need time when he came to van last season..

Edited by WHL rocks

Just now, J-23 said:

Ya that's why I mentioned we had better goaltending. 

Also doesn't help when we let go of our best defensive defencemen. 

we gotta give Demko and Holtby  a chance, we all know Marky wanted 6x6 so he left

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

One thing I noticed about Jake in the first game in MTL. He started the game pretty unnoticeable, but then he got hit (hard), even looked like his knees buckled. After the hit, Jake got mad and starting hitting everyone near the puck. Is that what it takes to get Jake motivated?

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

we gotta give Demko and Holtby  a chance, we all know Marky wanted 6x6 so he left

I have no problem with Demko and Holtby, no chance for any of them espeically with this defence.

Just think Marky was still the better choice.

Edited by J-23

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

One thing I noticed about Jake in the first game in MTL. He started the game pretty unnoticeable, but then he got hit (hard), even looked like his knees buckled. After the hit, Jake got mad and starting hitting everyone near the puck. Is that what it takes to get Jake motivated?

Probably. or maybe get Green to beat his ass 

Next up the leafs! 

Leafs haven't played since the same night we took on the Jets. How do we keep playing rested teams? 

I am genuinely confused at how the canucks seem to have had a much more compressed schedule compared to other teams. I didn't notice any big breaks in our schedule this season. Do these other teams just play a heck of a lot more back to backs in the future and then it will be our turn to be more rested relatively speaking? If so, hopefully we can capitalise then.

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I have noticed that and in fact i hope he gets hit as that seems to get him engaged 

what i also notice is that initial aggressiveness wears off as the game goes on. Teams seem to know he falls asleep if they leave him alone 

exactly what happened in Montreal

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Based on where this team is in their trajectory I think most GMs would have gone with Demko.

Calgary can afford to give Marsktrom his big contract because their window is now or never. By the time that contract looks bad their window very well could be closed.

Right now the Canucks need to clear contracts and gain flexibility not add to them. It may suck because it means we take a step back, but it’s probably for the best in the long run.

This.. no way we could have given up Demko and signed Marky to 6*6

Our window will be in 2 to 3 yrs from now. Marky will have regressed by then.

Clear out all the bad contracts next 2 seasons. We're not making playoffs this season.. 

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Next up the leafs! 

Leafs haven't played since the same night we took on the Jets. How do we keep playing rested teams? 

I am genuinely confused at how the canucks seem to have had a much more compressed schedule compared to other teams. I didn't notice any big breaks in our schedule this season. Do these other teams just play a heck of a lot more back to backs in the future and then it will be our turn to be more rested relatively speaking? If so, hopefully we can capitalise then.

Lol yes.  Everyone ends up playing the same amount of games 

4 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Next up the leafs! 

It looks like most teams have a similar layoff at some point this season, in the North division anyways, haven’t checked the rest. The Canucks have a full week off Mar. 24-31 between home games against Wpg and Cgy.

• Cheers 1

Hey Green 

timouts:

- don’t cost money to use 

- don’t cary over to the next game

- are not a sign of weakness 

- are often used to get you sh$t together - are best used when the game is still undecided 

- are your friend

- can be used when its obvious we are about to be crushed 

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

No sure i go over or under 3 on the Leafs  game

btw I am talking about the amount of too many men penalties Green will take 

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Hey Green

next game when you have a powerplay...they called it the 1st unit because it starts the powerplay, they call it the 2nd unit because it comes on after the 1st unit 

got it? 

Could you, like, pick another team to "cheer" for

12 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Lol yes.  Everyone ends up playing the same amount of games 

I get that part. I am more so hoping it will be our turn to play warn down teams and not match up after they get a couple nights off even as their schedules get busier. I didn't look at each of the other teams schedules and what they look like just before playing us. 

Just seems crazy right now with the new additions and start to a season without much training camp/preseason 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

It looks like most teams have a similar layoff at some point this season, in the North division anyways, haven’t checked the rest. The Canucks have a full week off Mar. 24-31 between home games against Wpg and Cgy.

Totally missed that break when I was looking through their schedule. 

I am going to blame the canucks app for not having the calendar month with home/away games (much easier for me to follow) and instead having it as a list lol....yeah let's go with that (my bad)