The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ICBC to issue Rebates, Average Amount $190.

DonLever

On 2/8/2021 at 6:49 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

That’s insane. They should have found those people and taken away their licenses, charged them with a criminal offence and banned them permanently from having a license in BC. ICBC is run by a bunch of parasitic hacks. 

Those people would have cried racism and the media would have run with it, especially if it turned out they "found" the wrong person. Then some hack lawyer would have solicited his/her services and sued the government for discrimination.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Those people would have cried racism and the media would have run with it, especially if it turned out they "found" the wrong person. Then some hack lawyer would have solicited his/her services and sued the government for discrimination.

Sadly I could see that happening. It shouldn't be allowed to be used as a defense when a person pays for a license illegally, but these are the times we live in where an actual legitimate issue can be convoluted to make room for misguided social justice. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

So I got my rebate cheque today and literally laughed out loud when I opened the letter.  As if my yearly rate wasn't insulting enough, do they expect me to thank them for the $22.00 cheque? 

Wherever they got this $190.00 average rebate amount I'm calling total BS! 

9 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

$295 on the rebate and my insurance dropped from $3100 per year to a little over $2K. I’ll take it. 

Hmmm I should call and find out how much my insurance would be, maybe cancel it and redo it. 

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Hmmm I should call and find out how much my insurance would be, maybe cancel it and redo it. 

I think mine was such a dramatic drop because I hit the 10 years of driving but it’s worth checking out. I came out walking out of the insurance broker happy as can be. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think mine was such a dramatic drop because I hit the 10 years of driving but it’s worth checking out. I came out walking out of the insurance broker happy as can be. 

I was pissed when I reinsuranced my car the last time 

On 4/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Fanuck said:

So I got my rebate cheque today and literally laughed out loud when I opened the letter.  As if my yearly rate wasn't insulting enough, do they expect me to thank them for the $22.00 cheque? 

Wherever they got this $190.00 average rebate amount I'm calling total BS! 

I didn't get the $190 either, but I did get a months free insurance, so I'll take it gladly.