The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Just play better than how we played vs the Habs.

A better effort is all I want to see.

Nowhere to go but up.  Can't really play any worse; and the Laffs are significantly worse defensively than the Habs as a whole (we seem to struggle more against teams that have a strong defensive system in place like the Habs).

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

The media and other critics of the Canucks are having a field day with this Toffoli story. Can we fans just move on from it though. Who cares now, it’s over. Time to cheer the boys on as they find their winning ways, starting with the laffs. 

Oh and props to Benning for saying it as it is. He tried keeping TT, but it didn’t happen. He’ll find other solutions!

Jimbo is that you?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mo Grit said:

See now, if that was Canucks and we still got run-over, we'd be saying 'well the boys were rusty".

The schedules come with built-in excuses.

Yeah, but you see all the complaints about couches and systems. 

When are they suppose to train to get better when you have 13 games in 23 days? 

(Especially without proper preseason)

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Forget AP. We gotta turn our attention to Seth Jones. UFA after next season.

Well i had dreams of Brodin, Petry and Hamilton .... how's that working out?   EP (the poster), is absolutely correct - these guys rarely go on market - you keep dreaming for Seth Jones ... i've been dreaming for 4 decades now - it doesn't happen very often. 

Nice to have a superstar or two who can put the puck in the net, but unless the team has great D, they aren't going anywhere.

Hughes is a great player, but he's not great defensively. Always caught up ice, the giveaways, etc. High risk high reward type of player. Hamonic is just bad luck. Benn and Edler have been decent. Schmidt needs to be better, Chatfield is a spare part filling in for an NHL Dman IMO.

Is it Baumgartner?  I mean, he wasn't a very good Dman when he played, why is he coaching? Good people person? :picard:

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Every game against the Leafs = MUST WIN

Playing another well rested team....hope the boys can muster up some extra energy.  Dig deep time.

Just to keep it all in perspective (and explain a little about why our team is lagging a bit and making "lazy" plays).....we are the only team in our division to not have more than one day off in between games since the first game of the season.  

Vancouver = 1 day off only in between games so far (4 of those days off were spent travelling).

Flames have had a 2 and a 5 day break since game 1

Oilers are currently on a 3 day break

Habs have had a 2 & a 4 day break

Leafs have had a 4 day break

Senators have had 3 - 2 day breaks

After this trip we travel home on one day and FINALLY get an extra day of rest.  Which is likely much needed.

Been tracking off days of the Canadian teams as well, and it’s getting a little ridiculous when there is such disparity. I believe we still have the most air miles even though we’re stuck north of the border. Add that up and fatigue sets in fast no matter how young a team is. 

Some say the workload balances off in the end and the Canucks will have a cushy second half of the season. But how could that be possible when they may be playing catch-up after a subpar and tired 1st half?!

The NHL wanted to churn out this season in a shorter time frame, but they should have stretched it out a little more once they decided against bubble hockey in just a couple of cities. 

I’m proud that our boys have us almost at .500 hockey even with the challenges they face on and off the ice. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Realy wow Markstrom was our MVP or did you forget  and will play till he is 37 lots of goalies play well until then, Fleury from Vegas is one. Tanev is Calgary's second best D man and could be moved at any time in the future. Toffoli could easily been kept but Jim's crystal ball was better? Come on face it JB had many options but took the chicken route. I'm not drinking Jim's cool aid . Eriksson could be move but Jim doesn't have the Balls to do it.

Bro, you are so blinded that I feel sad for you. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1