The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Glad to hear Hamonic is back skating... Hopefully that means he's back in a week or so.

We desperately need him/his role in the lineup and he's likely going to need a couple weeks to get up to game speed once actually back. The sooner he does, the sooner we can reduce the tough/defensive load on guys like Schmidt and bring his D zone starts back down closer to earth.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

He's our Edler replacement. Hopefully with less gaffs. 

Anyone that is a workhorse like Edler has been is going to have gaffs - particularly when he's playing the principal shutdown role - with a rookie on many nights (that's a tall task for both Edler and Chatfield - but I think overall they've done well).

Chatfield stepping into the league at 29.5% ozone starts on a shutdown pairing - is exceptionally challenging.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Anyone that is a workhorse like Edler has been is going to have gaffs - particularly when he's playing the principal shutdown role - with a rookie on many nights (that's a tall task for both Edler and Chatfield - but I think overall they've done well).

Chatfield stepping into the league at 29.5% ozone starts on a shutdown pairing - is exceptionally challenging.

Agreed... Edler is what he is at this point.   It's his lack of footspeed that i notice with him with the gaffs usually coming from others. 

The whole team seems slower than the competition on most nights, but that could be just poor structure causing us to chase too much.

Edited by Jayinblack

4 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Agreed... Edler is what he is at this point.   It's his lack of footspeed that i notice with him with the gaffs usually coming from others. 

The whole team seems slower than the competition on most nights, but that could be just poor structure causing us to chase too much.

16 games in 27 days - with primary shutdown and penalty killing minutes aren't conducive to 'looking fast'.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

He should have started last game

no clue why we went Holtby 2 straight, what has Holtby done to deserve that?

Demko was starting to play well and Green kept the rotation 

makes zero sense 

Demko should start tonight but the issue is more than tonight’s game 

Hey. 

Demko gets the start.

• Haha 4

So I wonder which Canuck team shows up?

Tyler Minors with the first penalty of the game, leading to a Dube goal with a Marky shutout...

or we play close checking hockey, Scorevat strikes first, and we build on a lead?

Nothing has changed. It sure feels like the system is wrong, not the players or amount of rest. Tough call on this one. 

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I feel bad for David Rittich. The guy has gotten 2 starts lol. They should give him a couple of games back to back to get him rolling. Each game he's played the team's let him down big time by leaving him exposed. They are definitely playing better for marky.