The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tkachuk and Lucic will be attempting to injure our stars with their cheapshots regardless.  Might as well go after the rest of their gutless team and send a few of therm to the hospital.  Divestrom will flop to try to draw a call if you get within 5 feet of him; he simply doesn't handle traffic well.  Tell Jake that if he injures Tkachuk, he stays in the lineup as long as the turtle is hurt.

I'd like to see more from Captain Bo in this regard. He's so level headed and reasonable lol I kind of wish he'd lose it once in a while when it's called for, especially watching Thachuk taking cheap shots on his team mates all game. Bo really did learn how to be a captain from Hank (and Danny), even the restrained, gentlemanly way he plays.  

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'd like to see more from Captain Bo in this regard. He's so level headed and reasonable lol I kind of wish he'd lose it once in a while when it's called for, especially watching Thachuk taking cheap shots on his team mates all game. Bo really did learn how to be a captain from Hank (and Danny), even the restrained, gentlemanly way he plays.  

^^ great fight (Bo), he can really handle himself. Looks like he was tougher wearing the A, in 2018. I wonder if he's shown more restraint as the C, trying to set an example of discipline?  Also not wanting to put his team on the PK. I guess he would drop them if he needed to, but it would probably take a lot for him to get that mad. He works hard, plays fairly, good player.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Loved Ryper. RIP. I am old, so I actually saw a bench clearing brawl in the 70s live at the old Coliseum, Broad Street Bullies (Flyers). It was crazy, equipment all over the ice took ages to clear up. My dad would get free tickets from work, 6 rows up on the blueline. I was 10 at that game, I think?

Those 70s Canucks team were the toughest.

You tube has three bench clearing brawls between the Canucks and Flyers in 1980, 1981 and 1983.  All three were in the Canucks yellow flying V uni's.

Possible it was one of those? Do you remember what uniform the Canucks were wearing?

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

Guys!   It's a sign!    Because I am a 12 year old boy I bought hockey cards today (shut up).  And I'm pretty sure pulling this card signifies.....A WIN TONIGHT.

Thank me later.

Only thing missing is a autograph by Quinn himself and you’ve got yourself a gold mine. Btw, I got myself a collection as well. Got guys like Bure, Sedins, Luongo and possibly more. I’m proud to have one and I’m hoping I can add present stars as well!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

You tube has three bench clearing brawls between the Canucks and Flyers in 1980, 1981 and 1983.  All three were in the Canucks yellow flying V uni's.

Possible it was one of those? Do you remember what uniform the Canucks were wearing?

this is in the top 10 all-time for PIMs in a game / both teams
even Glen Hanlon got a 5 for fighting and 10 misconduct

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198002220VAN.html