The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

48 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guilty pleasure in watching reaction videos. Seeing people in their 20s blown away by classic rock.

"Black people watch Righteous Brothers"

What they're not brothers?

Wait, that dude is white?

What? They 're both white?????

• Haha 2

If we win this game we come out at 2-1-1 in 4 vs the Lames in this ridiculous stretch of FOUR IN A ROW?!?! vs the same team.

The boys have seemingly played their way out of the doldrums, but I'd like to see a serious good old fashioned asskicking tonight, just to hammer home the point that this team has turned the corner.

We all saw it vs the Leafs in their last game on the road that this team was determined to own the puck at BOTH ends of the ice, and it continued thru with the Lames.

Let's hope that it continues tonight.

Edited by xereau

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Well your avatar/namesake shows you something about the Canucks older teams - hope you got to see him play at least.   And for all the whining over Boston, Bieksa was also a throwback, and at least we had Lappy, Torres, Rome, Edler and a few other guys that could throw their weight around.   Even a  few years prior we had Brookbank, Hordichuk, Mitchell, Brown etc...you'd have to go back to when Brashear was still around to find a truly tough Canucks team though.   

We might not have  been that good at winning always, but i can say we almost always had a tough team until Brashear left.    Think the late 90's teams take the cake.  

Yeah I started watching during 94 season was only 5 still almost six, so Yeah I saw Rip play guy was my hero, as a smaller kid in high school when he was playing loved seeing the guy stand up for the team. I even went as far as buying a RR hockey card this last fall. A card I put in my hunting wallet and carried for good luck. Finally shooting my first buck a 4*5 mule deer. 

I think Rick Rypien stands for just how tough anyone can be if they put in the work and believe in their self. This team could use a guy like him right now! 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Wowowowowow. That is incredible. Just goes to show how fast life moves. RIP Luc. Btw vintage is this you? 

I've had my mind blown a lot recently because I'm finally at an age where players that I followed prior to being drafted are finishing off reasonably long careers and retiring. This one does the same thing. I still remember where I was when I read the news. 

RIP Luc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

I've had my mind blown a lot recently because I'm finally at an age where players that I followed prior to being drafted are finishing off reasonably long careers and retiring. This one does the same thing. I still remember where I was when I read the news. 

RIP Luc. 

Yep... basically from 99 to present is what I can recollect. 

Seeing how Myers isn't allowed to touch Lil Johnny, would be nice to see Hoglander crush him. Mind you, the thing with CGY, you never know if they'll retaliate with a dirty hit on one of our young guys. Hoglander, Pettersson, Hughes, etc. will need to be aware.

I'm hoping to see the Canucks score early on Markstrom, get in his head. Maybe crash the crease a couple of times. Sometimes I'll see the Canucks in the O-zone and there is no one in front. This drives me mad. 

Edited by NUCKER67

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Seeing how Myers isn't allowed to touch Lil Johnny, would be nice to see Hoglander crush him. Mind you, the thing with CGY, you never know if they'll retaliate with a dirty hit on one of our young guys. Hoglander, Pettersson, Hughes, etc. will need to be aware.

I'm hoping to see the Canucks score early on Markstrom, get in his head. Maybe crash the crease a couple of times. Sometimes I'll see the Canucks in the O-zone and there is no one in front. This drives me mad. 

Tkachuk and Lucic will be attempting to injure our stars with their cheapshots regardless.  Might as well go after the rest of their gutless team and send a few of therm to the hospital.  Divestrom will flop to try to draw a call if you get within 5 feet of him; he simply doesn't handle traffic well.  Tell Jake that if he injures Tkachuk, he stays in the lineup as long as the turtle is hurt.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tkachuk and Lucic will be attempting to injure our stars with their cheapshots regardless.  Might as well go after the rest of their gutless team and send a few of therm to the hospital.  Divestrom will flop to try to draw a call if you get within 5 feet of him; he simply doesn't handle traffic well.  Tell Jake that if he injures Tkachuk, he stays in the lineup as long as the turtle is hurt.

I’ll shot gun three in row and post a video if that happens!! 

maybe two threes quite a bit lol

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

rookie move, you have to put it in the spokes on your bicycle to make it sound like a motor bike.

More rookie move. Have cousins with dirt bikes growing up. :D 

2 stoke, 250 cc, it was a blast. 

Now I miss having a motorcycle so much. I'm going to have to look at correcting that. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

27 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Loved Ryper. RIP. I am old, so I actually saw a bench clearing brawl in the 70s live at the old Coliseum, Broad Street Bullies (Flyers). It was crazy, equipment all over the ice took ages to clear up. My dad would get free tickets from work, 6 rows up on the blueline. I was 10 at that game, I think?

Those 70s Canucks team were the toughest.

I was at this game with my dad as well. We sat behind the flyers bench , it was insane.

• Like 2