The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hmmm.  Thanks for someone finally backing me up on this.  But your including all the games played.   I think this guy is right.   Since Pearson came ... he's the Courtnall/Adams of the current team - and had scored more goals then anyone not including the playoffs.   It's pretty close really.   That said who is the better player?  Miller-EP-BB-Horvat or Pearson?   Maybe we should be signing him to a 7 million dollar contract right!  Nope.   All of this was started as a joke for CDCers picking on Horvat - and then getting burned.   Karma is a b!tch.   Pearson ... well let's see what happens tonight!  

Yes, I clarified that in a post just a few before this one. I can't pick on Pearson tho, I like his game. Like every player (Bo) they will have their good games and bad games. 

If anyone on here can tell me that they have had a perfect day every day of their life, with no mistakes, lets hear it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

35 goals with Van since he arrived. In that time EP had 60, Horvat 57 and Boeser 54. So not sure where that stat came from. Also, Pearson has only played 99 games for Van so far.

You are counting the whole 18/19 season fot EP, Boeser and Horvat.

Pearson was a Canuck for only the last 19 games..

I heard it from local sports media. Maybe they were wrong so im wrong but you need to re calculate your numbers.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Vintage 1

On 2/18/2021 at 10:53 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I notice a pattern for the Jets in their last six games.

Feb. 04 - Win

Feb. 09 - Loss

Feb. 11 - Win

Feb. 13 - Loss

Feb. 15 - Win

Feb. 17 - Loss

Feb. 19 - ???

Oh, you noticed ever since the 9th of Feb, that the Jets only play on odd days too! Crazy man!

Just now, WHL rocks said:

You are counting the whole 18/19 season fot EP and Horvat. Pearson was a Canuck for only the last 19 games..

Go back to my post on page 10, I already agreed. Pearson is tops with 35 goals in the last 99 games (including this year) since he arrived. That is an interesting stat for sure, but I wouldn't put him ahead of Petey Bo Boes or JT on the depth scale.

4 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Go back to my post on page 10, I already agreed. Pearson is tops with 35 goals in the last 99 games (including this year) since he arrived. That is an interesting stat for sure, but I wouldn't put him ahead of Petey Bo Boes or JT on the depth scale.

??

Im confused.

You just quoted me and said EP Boeser Horvat have more just a few mins ago. Now you say completely opposite and agree with my post?.. 

19 + 69 + 20 = 108 games according to cap friendly and nhl.com

Edited by WHL rocks

19 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Roussel should not be allowed to talk to anyone until he actually accomplishes something on the ice

well he's still gathering speed, he's not the same as before getting injured but he'll get better and more noticeable out there.. it took me almost two season's to play hockey again without thinking about my knee injury that made me tentative, until I didn't think about it anymore, then I was back to full out every shift but it weighs on you, trust me on that.. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

??

Im confused.

You just quoted me and said EP Boeser Horvat have more just a few mins ago. Now you say completely opposite and agree with my post?.. 

19 + 69 + 20 = 108 games according to cap friendly and nhl.com

No prob. it was a confusing convo back and forth. Screen shots of my 2 posts, the first disagreeing, the 2nd understanding what you meant and agreeing.

Screen shot 2021-02-19 at 11.38.02 AM.png

Screen shot 2021-02-19 at 11.40.14 AM.png

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

OJ has definitely been impressive simply based on how solid he has been.  He's had a few mistakes here and there, but overall he's been one of the more steady, reliable D.

It doesn't yet look like OJ will be a big point producing D at the NHL level but he might still be able to produce at reasonable levels simply based on solid D play, great zone exit awareness, and excellent puck movement skills.  IMHO, the main thing holding him back is his foot speed but if he can develop into a hybrid stay-at-home D who can still move the puck well and make up for foot speed with just knowing where to be, there's a lot of promise for OJ to be a NHL regular.  It's nice to see after the struggles he has had.

Agree on most of your take including foot speed being his main weakness. IMO though the main thing for OJ is still staying healthy. If he can do that he's already shown he has all the tools defensively being both smart and physical, and offensively I believe his IQ, passing and shot will get him 20-40 points a season minimum once he gets comfortable in the bigs. That's a #2-4D on any team that won't break the bank and an essential part of a contender.

Maybe it's his struggles but I also just get the feeling that he has the right attitude and will keep adding value. He does have a history of playing his best in the biggest games as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, IBatch said:

Ok.  How tough is he?  In today's game - guess he's tough enough.   Is that better?  And sorry.  I didn't mean to be self-righteous and indignant. 

17 hits in 17 games, 2 fights since 2018 both wrestling matches against smaller opponents

I bet Winnipeg has a game plan specifically to figure out how to slow down the Tyler Myers wrecking-ball train. Expect to see every team in the North pick up some big bruisers just to compete against Tyler "mash everything" Myers. What a tough guy you're so right. That's definitely part of Tyler Myers game. Being tough.

So tough.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Yes, I clarified that in a post just a few before this one. I can't pick on Pearson tho, I like his game. Like every player (Bo) they will have their good games and bad games. 

If anyone on here can tell me that they have had a perfect day every day of their life, with no mistakes, lets hear it.

isn't everyday a good and perfect day when your a millionaire? 

• Upvote 1

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein' everything, the time is goin'
Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)
Kickin' in the front seat
Sittin' in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?
It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend
Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)