The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

51 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Especially if the Joneses are a bunch of idiots. One should always do what makes sense for them first and foremost. Trying to equate ones value to another's is folly. 

If the Joneses are a bunch of idiots, you pull those t-shirts up over their head and go Jack Fig on them....

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

He needs to go north south. Use his speed and size. Be physical and drive the net

Simple hockey but he can't do it for some reason. Has all the tools.

I think his mental makeup is not the type to be aggressive and physical. Think he's scared to play that way.. 

But if he could somehow find that game he'd be a beast of a player

Or even in just the short term he needs to have a good game to stay in the line up.  The rest of the team has played so well that he needs to step it up.  Ignoring the long term fit issue, Canucks could use some of the bottom 6 players to have a big game or two coming up

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Especially if the Joneses are a bunch of idiots. One should always do what makes sense for them first and foremost. Trying to equate ones value to another's is folly. 

The funny thing is, the Jone’s in his world are his siblings. Always one upping each other. He just shakes his head and cranks up his stock stereo (still has a tape player) in his Corolla and utilizes every seniors discount he can find wherever he goes. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Same here.

For the new members, check out the legendary thread from 2011 (although most pictures are unavailable now):

https://forum.canucks.com/topic/296613-raffi-torres-is-literally-a-bowling-ball/

Man, what a time

Shame photobucket had to go all lame and that tinypic got kicked into the pit

ia1Gj.jpg

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah. I had to transfer all my sigs and artwork from TinyPic to Imgur, or it would have been all lost.

I feel that, I almost lost a lot of stuff because of tinypic

I'm glad they gave people a heads up at least when people went to use the site 

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Isn't Stamkos making close to that? and points to EDM.. and laughs because they have two and the rest of their roster is ho-hum because of it.. 

Stamkos is at 8.5 million which is a very decent cap hit in terms of helping a team maintain a strong internal cap limit.  

Teams like Edmonton, Toronto, and Buffalo really messed up in my opinion.   I’ll happily eat crow if I’m wrong, but Toronto is basically 2010-2015 Pittsburgh, in that, they will likely consistently field very solid teams but will ultimately come up short to the modern day Chicago’s, Boston’s, and LA’s who employ a “cost controlled elite talent + depth = championships” model (interesting to note that Chicago and LA both declined once Kane, Toews, Kopitar, etc., received their 10 million dollar contracts........well deserved mind you, but still).