The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

RIP to Gracie. My sister in law's Golden Retriever, man not even dogs are immune from cancer. 

She was 16. My sister in law will get a different breed of dog, as she's retired. She can't handle another Golden as it will hurt too much for her. 

(I think Gracie was the daughter she never had) 

My brother gets to work here and on Galiano, finishing their house and working on other houses. So he stays busy. 

(Personally I still miss Harley, my brother's first golden retriever.)

Sad part is I think I still have Gracie's fur on my jacket when I saw her last. 

That's sad....I'm sorry to hear this.

My daughter's b/f's Mom and Dad have a beautiful Golden Retriever....he's just been diagnosed with cancer not long ago too.  We're pretending we didn't hear the diagnosis...too painful.  

That part about the fur....gah.  Hit me right in the feels.   

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

8 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I bet this thread will be the most times umlaut has been typed in CDC history

Well, somewhat interesting ......

Garth Grugal‪: ... It is NOT an umlaut. An umlaut is a modification of an existing letter, in the German language, to indicate a sound change. In Swedish, it's a completely separate letter...

‪Bo Thidé: ... You are absolutely right. The Swedish letter Ö is not "an O with an umlaut over it." Just as the letter "Q" is not "an O with a tilde under it" ...

"Just because something looks like an umlaut does not mean it is one," confirmed Anatoly Liberman, a professor in the German, Scandinavian and Dutch Department at the University of Minnesota. "This is not a letter with an umlaut on it like it would be in German, where it's considered a version of an 'o.' In Swedish, the 'ö' is a specific, distinct letter of the alphabet."

Swedish uses the same letters as English, but adds three more: "Å," "Ä," and "Ö." They follow "Z" in the Swedish alphabet. The character generating all the buzz — the "ö" — sounds like this:

https://soundcloud.com/mprnews/pronunciation

• Cheers 1