The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meghan & Harry & Oprah

UnkNuk

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Supertramp would be on my list...

...I also think that The Dave Clark Five and The Kinks don't get their due...

Never cared for Supertramp...I get it but not for me. The Kinks were ahead of their time. 

• Cheers 1

Something to point out.... Meghan has problem with her own family and now have a problem with Harry's family.

Harry never had a problem with his own family until relatively recently.  

If everyone is having a problem with you, sometimes you may be the problem.  

8 hours ago, Azzy said:

Name one single time a member of the royal family has 'smeared' Meghan? You won't be able to, because it's never happened. You confuse the royal family with tabloid newspapers.

Sure let's just pretend the timing was just a coincidence and the Royal Family didn't have a hand in spreading the stories

Edited by iinatcc
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Sure let's just pretend the timing was just a coincidence and the Royal Family didn't have a hand in spreading the stories

What stories? What co-incidental timing? Would you like to state clearly for everyone here to witness exactly what it is that you are accusing an entire family of people of doing, be it covert or otherwise?

For generations there have been stories about the royal family, but the one rule remains true - they simply do NOT talk about themselves, even if someone has done something wrong. That includes Meghan - it actually hurts the royal family by association for her to be accused of bullying (if that's what you're alluding to), because they are guilty by association. They would have both protected Meghan (in that instance) and left her hung out to dry (in others as mentioned in the interview). This is precisely why the royal family does not comment on private matters, and has yet to do so now.

There is no grand conspiracy here, no 'smear' campaign by Harry's own family (imagine actually targeting someone you love's family). Your love for the term 'royal family' has sadly blinded you to the issues at hand.

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Supertramp would be on my list...

...I also think that The Dave Clark Five and The Kinks don't get their due...

Jeebus brother you guys are making me feel guilty for leaving out some greats.

Listen to supertramp quite a bit,Even in the Quietest Moments is a fantastic album.

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Please allow me to clarify:

1. In 2018 a member of staff raises a complaint to Buckingham Palace of bullying and harrassment by Meghan. In 2018 remember.

2. This is leaked by the complainant to The Times newspaper in 2021 because, apparently, nothing was done about it

3. Buckingham Palace literally protected Meghan from bullying and harrassment claims - kept it private, did not leak it, did not make it public in any way

4. The complainant leaks the details because they are upset / want something done

Meghan claims the royal family did not protect her. In some regards this is clearly true, yet in the case here you are literally claiming the royal family is 'smearing' Meghan, it transpires they have been protecting her from very damaging allegations for three years?

You also need to separate, like Meghan did in the interview, the 'royal family' and 'Buckingham Palace'. There is a 'job' aspect to the royals, where things like the bullying claim would be dealt with, and the 'personal' aspect, which is never spoken of. It feels to me as though she has been let down on the personal side, with the racist questioning and lack of mental health support.  But you cannot claim that the royal family is 'smearing' Meghan when it was the complainant who leaked this to The Times, and clearly the royal family who have covered that complaint up for three years.

Is there any other 'smearing' by the royal family we should be aware of? Does Prince Edward write the headlines for the Daily Mail? Is Kate Middleton secretly a Sun gossip columnist? Do Beatrice and Eugenie set up fake Twitter accounts to post racist vitriol towards Meghan? I think we'd all like to know, because you clearly know something we don't.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Jeebus brother you guys are making me feel guilty for leaving out some greats.

Listen to supertramp quite a bit,Even in the Quietest Moments is a fantastic album.

Actually used to play Give a Little Bit in a band I was in....it was right after the Goo Goo Dolls covered it and getting a lot of radio play....

We did kind of a hybrid of the two versions. Always loved playing that one...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Poor Harry was about to pay for his own security.... Boohoo....

His mother left him over 15 milllion.....   and he never had to pay a dime while a royal.........

The guy is cheaper than my miser accountant brother......

This soap opera only show that Royal family to all be a bunch of degenerates.....   makes them all look terrible. 

Sorry, I didn't actually watch the interview....I just read some excerpts....

....at any point in the interview, did either of them complain about money issues? If not, I don't see how it's pertinent....:unsure:

17 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I really haven’t been following this stuff too closely, but I did see some clips of Piers Morgan raging about the interview and spewing hate against the young couple earlier today, which was all I needed to decide I’m going to be 100% Team Harry and Meg, from here on out. 

(I find it’s usually a safe bet to go against Piers Morgan on pretty much any issue in the media. This simple strategy has never led me wrong, to-date.)

Morgan has had a hate on for Meghan for quite a while. He's part of the UK media that the couple wanted to get away from.

Just to warm everyone's hearts a bit, apparently a weatherman on Good Morning Britain called Morgan out yesterday on air, causing the blowhard snowflake to storm (pun intended) off the set.

Someone who commented on Twitter was on point: "Surely Piers knows if you give it, you gotta be able to take it"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/piers-morgan-storms-off-good-morning-britain-set-after-his-meghan-markle-remarks-challenged/ar-BB1epvPC?li=AAggFp5

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Azzy said:

Please allow me to clarify:

1. In 2018 a member of staff raises a complaint to Buckingham Palace of bullying and harrassment by Meghan. In 2018 remember.

2. This is leaked by the complainant to The Times newspaper in 2021 because, apparently, nothing was done about it

3. Buckingham Palace literally protected Meghan from bullying and harrassment claims - kept it private, did not leak it, did not make it public in any way

4. The complainant leaks the details because they are upset / want something done

Meghan claims the royal family did not protect her. In some regards this is clearly true, yet in the case here you are literally claiming the royal family is 'smearing' Meghan, it transpires they have been protecting her from very damaging allegations for three years?

You also need to separate, like Meghan did in the interview, the 'royal family' and 'Buckingham Palace'. There is a 'job' aspect to the royals, where things like the bullying claim would be dealt with, and the 'personal' aspect, which is never spoken of. It feels to me as though she has been let down on the personal side, with the racist questioning and lack of mental health support.  But you cannot claim that the royal family is 'smearing' Meghan when it was the complainant who leaked this to The Times, and clearly the royal family who have covered that complaint up for three years.

Is there any other 'smearing' by the royal family we should be aware of? Does Prince Edward write the headlines for the Daily Mail? Is Kate Middleton secretly a Sun gossip columnist? Do Beatrice and Eugenie set up fake Twitter accounts to post racist vitriol towards Meghan? I think we'd all like to know, because you clearly know something we don't.

Buck House Public Relations. Sounds like that would be a great Netflix series. The next generations of royals find they have real world problems, so they need real world solutions!

34 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Actually used to play Give a Little Bit in a band I was in....it was right after the Goo Goo Dolls covered it and getting a lot of radio play....

We did kind of a hybrid of the two versions. Always loved playing that one...

I saw Supertramp in concert 1982? First major concert I went to. The band wasn't the same when Hodgson split with them. I have to admire him though. 

He didn't want to tour anymore and wanted to spend time with his young family. Supertramp is one of those bands you like or don't. 

Even without him, Brother where you bound? Is pretty good. 

I still love the British Invasion sound. Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, The Kinks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Unfortunately we're likely locked into the monarchy for a long time. We need a unanimous approval by all the provinces to change the constitution to get rid of them, and if we go down that road you know provinces like Alberta are going to try to throw in things like elected senate, etc. So we are probably stuck with this crap for decades. 

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I saw Supertramp in concert 1982? First major concert I went to. The band wasn't the same when Hodgson split with them. I have to admire him though. 

He didn't want to tour anymore and wanted to spend time with his young family. Supertramp is one of those bands you like or don't. 

Even without him, Brother where you bound? Is pretty good. 

I still love the British Invasion sound. Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, The Kinks. 

Definitely not the same without Hodgson. I think it goes to show how important he was to the lineup that even after they added arguably the best player in the world in David Gilmour, they still didn't have the magic....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Building the  Harry / Meghan brand with the Oprah interview is just good marketing.....        What a crappy soap opera about a bunch of entitled  people. 

Then don't &^@#ing watch it. Simple solution, no? Your outrage truly does live in expression by hyperbole, doesn't it?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Unfortunately we're likely locked into the monarchy for a long time. We need a unanimous approval by all the provinces to change the constitution to get rid of them, and if we go down that road you know provinces like Alberta are going to try to throw in things like elected senate, etc. So we are probably stuck with this crap for decades. 

I'd have no problem with Harry being the king of Canada.

• Haha 1