The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meghan & Harry & Oprah

UnkNuk

38 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I forgot about this...def prefer my post Led Zeppelin Jimmy Page in Coverdale Page form..that was at least some great riffs. 

TBH, my favorite stuff by Jimmy was the acoustic stuff in Zeppelin, like Bron-Y-Aur and Tangerine.

The Firm was a thing for me because I'm a big Bad Company / Paul Rodgers fan.....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Azzy said:

Tony D is still employed by and paid by the Rangers.

There was no inference by Meghan that wider family members were involved, only that one specific individual raised concerns. That individual deserves to be outed, publicly shamed and expelled from the family but to use such an inflammatory brush against dozens of people with zero evidence, I don't think that's fair and it's also not what the victim said.

Yet somehow despite all that I'm pretty sure the Royal Family will continue to keep quite on this, protect that member of the family and continue to smear Markle. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, my favorite stuff by Jimmy was the acoustic stuff in Zeppelin, like Bron-Y-Aur and Tangerine.

The Firm was a thing for me because I'm a big Bad Company / Paul Rodgers fan.....

I wonder why Page hasn't had more of a career post Led Zeppelin. Plant clearly has, and Jones (Baldwin) has as well, but Page has had a fairly quiet career in comparison. 

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wonder why Page hasn't had more of a career post Led Zeppelin. Plant clearly has, and Jones (Baldwin) has as well, but Page has had a fairly quiet career in comparison. 

He's been fairly quiet, but there have been a few things...There was the collaboration with Coverdale that @Gnarcore mentioned, as well as a couple of post-Zeppelin projects with Plant.

The one that could have been great was XYZ, which was supposed to be Page with former Yes men, Chris Squire and Alan White. They wanted Plant to be the singer, but he begged off and the project faded away....

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He's been fairly quiet, but there have been a few things...There was the collaboration with Coverdale that @Gnarcore mentioned, as well as a couple of post-Zeppelin projects with Plant.

The one that could have been great was XYZ, which was supposed to be Page with former Yes men, Chris Squire and Alan White. They wanted Plant to be the singer, but he begged off and the project faded away....

Coverdale/Page was alright. Coverdale is such a pouty wanker at times though. :lol:

His Death Wish soundtrack was interesting.

Outrider was extremely underwhelming, as was the Firm stuff. 

His work with Plant, shockingly enough, was the best of the lot. And the shows he played with the Black Crowes were solid. I would have thought that he would have released more original music in that timeframe.

Supposedly he's been working on an album for a couple of years now. I'm thinking he's done with remastering Zeppelin's albums for the umpteenth time too, although I get why he does it whenever new technology comes out, to enhance the recordings which were ahead of their time. 

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Yet somehow despite all that I'm pretty sure the Royal Family will continue to keep quite on this, protect that member of the family and continue to smear Markle. 

Name one single time a member of the royal family has 'smeared' Meghan? You won't be able to, because it's never happened. You confuse the royal family with tabloid newspapers.

And yes, I am sure there will be no comment from the Palace, because private matters are entirely that. They didn't comment on Andrew, they won't rise to this bait either.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

They did. Heard they got paid $7 million for that interview. 

The royal family should have kept the financial support so the couple didn't have to resort to this to make a living.

You should have watched.......the bolded was addressed at the very beginning of the interview. :rolleyes:

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey comes at a cost. No, not the fallout from the revelations shared during the primetime conversation; we're talking about the cold hard cash CBS paid for the rights to air the special.

According to the Wall Street Journal, "CBS is paying a license fee of between $7 million and $9 million for the rights to air Ms. Winfrey’s interview with Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex, according to people familiar with the pact."

As part of the agreement with Winfrey's production company, Harpo Productions, the network "has rights to license the special in international markets." It will air tomorrow night on ITV.

CBS is also maximizing its advertising profits off the special. Per the Journal, the network "was seeking roughly $325,000 for 30 seconds of commercial time during the program according to ad buyers, about twice the normal price of ad time in that time period."

But despite the financial success of the sit down, Harry and Meghan were not paid for their participation in the program. A spokesperson for the couple confirmed to the Journal that the Sussexes were not compensated, and at the start of the program, Oprah clarified:

"Before we get in to it, I just want to make it clear to everybody that even though we’re neighbors … that there has not been an agreement, you don’t know what I’m going to ask, and there is no subject that’s off-limits and you are not getting paid for this interview."

Meghan responded: "All of that is correct."

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a35758786/prince-harry-meghan-markle-oprah-cbs-interview-paid-cost/

Edited by Cerridwen

15 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

You should have watched.......the bolded was addressed at the very beginning. :rolleyes:

Yes.  Right off the top, Winfrey said the couple hadn't been paid anything for the interview.

Also, apparently off-camera, Harry told Winfrey that the person who was talking about the baby's skin color wasn't the Queen or Prince Philip.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Violator said:

I think Meghan wanted to be the center of attention that's why she pushed away from the totals Harry has never been the type of person to shy away from the limelight.

Do you have any proof on this? Because, without proof, rumours like these are dangerous and uncalled for in my opinion. I just don't see how ideas like these are helpful in any way.

I guess I just don't see the point in gossip like this. It's more harmful than helpful.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Do you have any proof on this? Because, without proof, rumours like these are dangerous and uncalled for in my opinion. I just don't see how ideas like these are helpful in any way.

I guess I just don't see the point in gossip like this. It's more harmful than helpful.

Just a theory we never really get the full picture 

3 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

ok

i honestly know everything

but being aware of something is neither 'hyper awareness' nor is it even necessarily being 'really engaged'

it's not difficult to image

it's easy if you try

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/arts/virus-celebrities.html

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200724-how-the-world-turned-on-celebrities

i could go on

why would you go on about a talking point that already failed? If you know everything you should know that that would be a waste of time.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Airing dirty family information through the media.... just is sad in my opinion.   Sounds like a group of entitled spoiled brats.  Both sides. 

That thinking is so outdated though.

Keeping things in the closet and secret means there's something to hide.  Exposing issues is the first step toward acceptance and any chance of fixing them.

I think a whole bunch of people chiming in with the "spoiled rich people drama" comments didn't watch and don't understand the very real fear that is going on here. 

Hey, if your Mom was killed by being run off the road by paparazzi and now they're ripping into your pregnant wife and child I'm sure you'd have something to say too.  Or maybe not?   Racist death threats and no protection or help being offered is a pretty serious situation and if family isn't helping because "image is everything", screw them.

Dysfunctional families don't need loyalty (also known as enabling)....they need treatment.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jimmy Page is why I learned to play guitar. I love it all..but Bron Y Aur Stomp is pretty hard to beat! 

• Thanks 2