The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | March 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, CBC, NHLN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

That's only possible if we have the wingers to support that - which we don't yet.   Plus i'd rather see EP on the wing for awhile and see what he can do without the defensive responsibilities.  Both Miller and Horvat are better built to deal with that for now. 

Be nice if we still had Toffoli, wouldn't it?

But suppose you had Hoglander on Petterson's left wing? Then you'd want a big rugged winger playing with them who knew which side his bread was buttered on. So that gives you Podkolzin, MacEwen and Virtanen. 

Pearson Miller and Boeser seems to work as a line.

So then you'd need wingers for Bo. whoever's left of PMV for the right side. So yeah...short a left winger. Gadjovich is coming up. Maybe he'll keep scoring in the AHL and keep working on his speed. Podkolzin can play either wing, can't he?

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

34 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At least no Simpson.  Hughson usually has both teams fanbases thinking he's favoring the other side, which means he's reasonably balanced and doing his job properly.

Shorty all the way!!! Hughson has gone over to the other side. He plays nice in Van because he probably wants to retire here on his TO pension.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Shorty all the way!!! Hughson has gone over to the other side. He plays nice in Van because he probably wants to retire here on his TO pension.

I think when the CBC offers Hockey night in Canada it's hard to refuse. I think it's good for BC, and Canada if our talents are recognized nationally. 

32 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here is the commentary team for tonight’s game:

EwSeVzeWEAEpU6L?format=png&name=900x900

Not sure who these guys are... I'm new here. But the guy on left and guy on right are too handsome for sports TV imo... I thought it was Canada's next top model for a second?! 

Nice to have Hughson back for a change. He tries way too hard to be a leafs fan but still has a solid voice. Shorty must have either been told to tone it down by Roger's the past few years or just lost it imo... He shows more excitement when the other team scores half the time lol

Long live the phenomenal Cheech! 

image.png.957e49cf15a048676132dacd0dfc71c7.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Good stiff kick in the pants by Green to the team in yesterday's practice.

I like seeing Green fired up, the players need to be better.

You don’t really turn it around until the boys drop the mittens in practice and settle old scores .

Worked for the Blues a couple of years ago.

:bigblush:

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

To be fair to Holtby, he has been hung out to dry a lot. 

I was just mostly disappointed with his last 2 starts. Before that he was either fine of hung out to dry. I imagine he has been working hard with Ian 

• Cheers 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

So has Demko but the sophomore still held strong.  I expected that from a veteran.  

Not as bad as Holtby has, there was at least two games he faced 3 breakaways in a single period.

His last two games he could have been better, but the team in front of him has crapped the bed a lot this season. 

• Cheers 1