The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | March 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, CBC, NHLN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

What level?

If you're going to brag, go all out.  If not, means nothing.  (Even if, still really means nothing unless we're talking NHL).

I have mentioned several times on have mentioned several time on here so clearly you have not been paying attention 

4 hours ago, Harold27k said:

Heard Roussel and Beagle may not be in lineup,hurray!  At least dress Zack and see a young tough physical presence in the lineup who should be there on a nightly basis if Green deployed properly

Demko is the best player in the franchise now,main reason we have won any games at all lately

Hurray for Roussel, not for Beagle.  

Our PK is going to be getting shredded without him. 

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Just have to be patient with respect to acquiring a legit vet D.  Opportunities will come like the Schmidt trade.  Don’t force one like the Gudbranson trade.  Not only will the price be cheap (gave up next to nothing for Schmidt) but you’ll just as likely get a far superior player (which Schmidt is...I think of him as a healthier Salo type.  Good both offensively and defensively).  

I'm already a fan of both Schmidt and Myers.   These guys don't grow on trees and are absolutely legit NHLers.   The results aren't there yet - but we need more of guys like this not less.   Management and coaching staff for sure understand this.   Under the cap you can go as high as 35 million on your defense...of course it has to balanced with cheap options which we have an abundance of - just have to get the right guys in there (Benn and OJ and Hamonic ATM).   

Our best D core ever is probably the peak Sedin teams.   With Ballard (a Myers equivalent as far as cap goes back then!) as our 7th D.    I agree that our D should be structured around QHs, because he's for sure a very very special talent - runs our offense really.   Myers IMO is no different then Edler used to be in that regard - he's more of a gamer too.  Has a little nasty.   We better keep him.   

The CDC was loaded with whiners over Edlers play when both he and Tanev were saddled with Huttons, Guddys, Del Zotto's etc .... we are miles ahead of that now.    The same thing happened with Ohlund before him.   Don't know what some folks expect - we need more Schmidt's and Myers types not less.   Once the load is spread around .... well we've seen that before with Salo, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Erhoff, Edler etc and before that with Lumme, Murzyn, Diduck, Babych, Hedican Brown right?  

I'm not too worried.   The team had excellent bones - and won't look much of anything like it does now in two years ... just like back then x 2. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1