The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

agreed he will. It just has to be smartly done.

If I remember right, we have 1 more against Ott then two against Mon. I would have Demko sit against Ott and play both in Mon. I would then yell and scream at the team to get the win for Holtby and the season.

Yeah regardless of how I may feel about a player, it's the team that is important thing.

(even applies to Loui Eriksson :P).  Reason why you'll NEVER see me in the "pro tank" group.  

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Top 4 go on to the playoffs though, no?

Yes, and right now the Canadiens hold down that spot with 4 games in hand. The Flames are also ahead of us with 3 games in hand. Therefore, we will need to jump 2 teams to make it.

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I love Francesco - amidst all the anger & calls for a coach/GM firing - just casually sending this tweet out after the game. (When they got outplayed by the worst team)

That post makes him sound like an owner that doesn't understand the business he is in. . 

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He answered the first part with the last part. We were so dismal at the start cause our goalies couldn't steal every game. Now our goalies are stealing us games, well Demko is anyway. We are 2nd in the league in shots against. People say our team is playing tighter yet we're still getting peppered with shots, we gave up 17 shots in the first period to Ottawa. We're a team that lives and dies by goaltending. The team still has a long ways to go before they are a playoff caliber. Our goaltending is playoff caliber though. Think it's safe to say Demko has arrived.

Agrees. The team isnt really playing any better  now than  they were when they were losing.  The difference is Demko is playing at a vezina level.  It was the same with Markstrom the last few years. Defensively, this team is awful and has been for years.  I don't expect aquaman to call out the coaches or players but his comment would have been best just left to Demko's performance without  appearing perplexed as to why they were losing earlier. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He answered the first part with the last part. We were so dismal at the start cause our goalies couldn't steal every game. Now our goalies are stealing us games, well Demko is anyway. We are 2nd in the league in shots against. People say our team is playing tighter yet we're still getting peppered with shots, we gave up 17 shots in the first period to Ottawa. We're a team that lives and dies by goaltending. The team still has a long ways to go before they are playoff caliber. Our goaltending is playoff caliber though. Think it's safe to say Demko has arrived.

Problem is in the postseason, there will be teams with elite goaltending as well.