The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, runtzguy said:

It's nice that we won. BUT if we even get 1-1 in the games on Friday and Saturday against Montreal. We need to start selling 

Heh, take your reasonable / intelligent / good for the club posts someplace else....      We are winning the cup this year.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ewk4qFGXEAcg2Ts?format=jpg&name=medium

Umm Green should not be beside those stats Demko should.

Only thing Demko is not responsible for there is the power play which also isn’t Green, and the goals for which is pretty average.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Umm Green should not be beside those stats Demko should.

Only thing Demko is not responsible for there is the power play which also isn’t Green, and the goals for which is pretty average.

Yah,  Canucks could fire Green  tonight... Just let Demko coach while he is goaltending......   same results i would think.  Demko is a Boss. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Exactly this. Wins can and should be critiqued, and poor performances by most of the team should be criticized. Winning doesn't magically erase the areas in which the team needs to improve.

We won tonight largely thanks to Demko, though our PK was admittedly pretty solid as well. But for the most part we were outplayed by what was likely a tired Sens team, that's not good enough. 

I agree to a point.  problem is (not that you are guilty of this that I remember) that too many dwell on the criticism, and it becomes boring... broken record style. 

I expect if we look back on games we played well but lost, many of the same bunch would still be bitching about Green.  Does that make any sense?

The important part is, we won.  Far from pretty, but we won. Reffing could have been better, but I still think the Sens played a cleaner game, so it wasn't that high a factor.  Damn sight better reffing than the Habs games last week.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

We gained on the Oilers and Jets who could both still drop.

Yeah I'm glad there were no 3 point games. 

Really needed Jets to win though. I don't think they'll tank enough to miss the playoffs. 

I can see the Oilers missing though... 

Just don't want Cgy to grab that spot.

Those 2 back to back games we lost to the Oilers hurts... 

22 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I agree to a point.  problem is (not that you are guilty of this that I remember) that too many dwell on the criticism, and it becomes boring... broken record style. 

I expect if we look back on games we played well but lost, many of the same bunch would still be bitching about Green.  Does that make any sense?

The important part is, we won.  Far from pretty, but we won. Reffing could have been better, but I still think the Sens played a cleaner game, so it wasn't that high a factor.  Damn sight better reffing than the Habs games last week.

I think critiques and criticism have their place, as do positivity and praise for what we do well. Ideally I'd rather tread the line between the two, as at the end of the day a win is indeed a win, but that's admittedly easier than done. 

I think most people in general are more inclined to seeing things through a more negative lens, it's easy to do and there are plenty of things to pick at when considering a sports team's performance. But yeah, if it's exclusively negativity it definitely gets old rather quickly. 

Demko was the highlight, but our PK played well too. I hate defensive hockey that revolves around letting teams get their chances from the outside while protecting the middle, but despite the Senators pushing the pace effectively in our zone our guys managed to hold on. Reffing was questionable, but that often seems to be the case. It's not a win worth dwelling on too much, sometimes you simply win games you don't deserve to win. Sometimes wins are ugly. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2