The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

23 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

no need to defend yourself 

I bet RomanP is a Virgo

Do you mean "virgin"?

I feel for the guy coming here with the intent of judging what opinions are relevant and which aren't.  Tough job. 

• Huggy Bear 1

25 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Dude, English is my 4th language (after Ukrainian, Russian and Hebrew). Just saying... I would never just correct someone in a regular conversation. In this case was someone trying to be a smart ass.

??

English lessons.. lol

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I love Francesco - amidst all the anger & calls for a coach/GM firing - just casually sending this tweet out after the game. (When they got outplayed by the worst team)

I bet he didn't watch the game?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I love Francesco - amidst all the anger & calls for a coach/GM firing - just casually sending this tweet out after the game. (When they got outplayed by the worst team)

I think he likes trolling the fan base. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Could be. I agree on his goaltending assessment but if anyone should have access to insider information on why we were so dismal earlier in the season, it should be the owner. 

14 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Could be. I agree on his goaltending assessment but if anyone should have access to insider information on why we were so dismal earlier in the season, it should be the owner. 

Insider information about the fan base being dismissal?  

I think everyone knows why we were so dismissive. The way we were playing earlier in the year was making fans pull out their hair, well maybe just me. 

The beginning of the year was very disheartening and the way we are playing now is similar to how we were playing last year. We are too reliant on elite goaltending. We haven’t seen much change from a team play perspective. You could argue we look a little worse this year compared to last year.

From a roster perspective we are seeing promise from certain individuals. Demko playing the way he is bodes well. Same with Hoglander. Virtanen/Gaud having a down year is a cause for concern but having all the young depth(Mac/Hawryluk/Gaud/Virtanen) is a good thing to have. 

Next year we have to figure out how to be more consistent and better in front of our goalies. I’d like for us to take that next step in team play. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

From what I can tell it’s kinda new and who knows, maybe he’s just tone deaf.

but I think it’s pretty fun stuff either way.  With no ticket revenue the Aquas are under zero pressure to make a move regarding management and let’s face it... 99% of discussions regarding the team end up at that back and forth.  

He’s also right about the start to the season - and there was very little actual discussion among the media or pseudo-media about what caused that catastrophic start.  It just shifted straight to “this is a bad team” and why it’s all JB’s fault.  

Personally, I don’t mind reading the other side of the argument but I’m pretty fed up with everything being framed as an argument to fire management when clearly the on-ice ups and downs have at times been quite underwhelming compared to the talent level available.  

I’m not sure how much of it is that’s what gets the clicks these days... or if the majority of the loudest voices really don’t know much about the sport and that’s why they’ve created their own language around “analytics” to replace their obvious deficiencies in breaking down actual play.  

In any case, the Aquas have made it clear managerial decisions will be made in the offseason, if at all, so why not get your licks in after a win?  Not like any of those people whose lives literally revolve around the Canucks (negatively or not) are going to stop consuming the product.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

38 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

jimbo should take a run at ovi is it bad that i wanna see

ovechkin petey podkolzin

hoglander  horvat boeser  

motte miller virtanen 

as top 9 

If we are being honest I'd be over the moon to watch Ovi Erikkson and Baer let alone what you are proposing. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

jimbo should take a run at ovi is it bad that i wanna see

ovechkin petey podkolzin

hoglander  horvat boeser  

motte miller virtanen 

as top 9 

We'd all like to see OV here but I'm 99.9% sure he'll retire a Cap. Seems like an incredibly loyal guy, same as Sid.