The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 hours ago, 4petesake said:

One of my favourite books too and I have read it several times. I just don’t think it’ll be the distraction most people will be looking for right now. I am looking forward to getting into the new version.

edit. I have the 1994 version on DVD and it looks like there is poor quality one on YouTube.

The link I shared is pretty good quality and the entire series is on the same video.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

We must ALL do what we can to get through this damn pandemic by staying home and doing everything we can to avoid passing it around.  

Someone should have told that to the literally thousands of people who have shown up on the sunshine coast for the long weekend.  Oof.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Someone should have told that to the literally thousands of people who have shown up on the sunshine coast for the long weekend.  Oof.

I guess people just don't want lives back.  I'm starting to think next winter is going to be even worse.  The p1 is going to be troublesome and people seem intent on just throwing in the towel

• Cheers 4

We now have our own collection of boomer anti-vax anti-mask protesters who demonstrate every Saturday down at Davis Bay (the really scenic stretch between Gibsons and Sechelt).

I'm legit thinking of making a sign saying something to the effect of "check out these clowns ahead" and standing 100m ahead of them to counter the "Who elected Bonnie Henry anyway" and "COVID is a hoax" signs.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JustRich said:

We now have our own collection of boomer anti-vax anti-mask protesters who demonstrate every Saturday down at Davis Bay (the really scenic stretch between Gibsons and Sechelt).

I'm legit thinking of making a sign saying something to the effect of "check out these clowns ahead" and standing 100m ahead of them to counter the "Who elected Bonnie Henry anyway" and "COVID is a hoax" signs.

At some point the govt is going to have to crack down and hard.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Please do it.

I have a really flaky friend/acquaintance who is dumb as a doornail.  She's annoying as hell but I tolerate her because she's had a really tough run and I feel sad for her.  But she just chimed in on my SM with her anti vax crap...last straw, sister.  Not here.  POOF, gone/blocked.   I tried.

I said:  "so you get your dog vaccinated...does that mean you don't care about her or that you do?  Good enough for her but NO WAY...I don't trust vaccinations?  Pick a side".   She ignored that part.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope that, rather than "blame" the team for stuff they have no idea about people use this to understand how virulent these strains are and to up their protective routines.

If AG and TH can get it while following very strict protocol that is much more limiting than what we're enduring, that's a sign of how easy this thing is spreading.  Time to use these instances as teaching moments rather than point fingers at them.  

COVID doesn't care about fatigue....that's when it strikes out.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Please do it.

I have a really flaky friend/acquaintance who is dumb as a doornail.  She's annoying as hell, really, but I tolerate her because she's had a really tough run and I feel sad for her.  But she just chimed in on my SM with her anti vax crap...last straw, sister.  Not here.  POOF, gone/blocked.   I tried.

I said:  "so you get your dog vaccinated...does that mean you don't care about her or that you do?  Good enough for her but NO WAY...I don't trust vaccinations?  Pick a side".   

Man I love my father but wow my patience is getting tested. I have a friend who is laid off and he shows up everyday for coffee. I have to listen to him and my dad talking about Covid to the I'm at the point where I leave the room. Their latest understanding is that Gaudette and Hamonic are assholes and did something wrong in getting Covid. They both don't understand they could have got it at the supermarket, in the airport, at the rink. Nope, they were 100% out partying and breaking the rules.

Arrrrrgh, I give up. I'm going to beat both of them today. I'm going to go for a huge bike ride and they can sit here by themselves and be idiots and lie to each other as much as they want. My dad is scheduled for the vaccine on the 9th but geez whether he goes or not is anyone's guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

It might be much much worse. Toronto is shut down again..

These variant strains are much worse and the vaccines don't work on them. The symptoms with these mutated strains are much worse. 

Drug companies are working hard at making new vaccines for the new variant ones... they will have to do clinic trials tgen more trials. It will take a year.. and then there will be more variants.. the virus keeps mutating.. and it's not going to all of a sudden stop mutating. 

This doesn't look to end soon. I have a bad feeling things will get much worse before getting better. 

I just went to Wal-Mart they only had self checkouts open. No cashiers.. I asked why they said because so many called in sick they don't have cashier to be able to open tills. 

Horrible situation. 

Source  please?

Yes, horrible situation 

I am concerned as everyone about covid19  but the spread of misinformation has to be kept down folks.

Just cause you say it doesn't make it true 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Man I love my father but wow my patience is getting tested. I have a friend who is laid off and he shows up everyday for coffee. I have to listen to him and my dad talking about Covid to the I'm at the point where I leave the room. Their latest understanding is that Gaudette and Hamonic are assholes and did something wrong in getting Covid. They both don't understand they could have got it at the supermarket, in the airport, at the rink. Nope, they were 100% out partying and breaking the rules.

Arrrrrgh, I give up. I'm going to beat both of them today. I'm going to go for a huge bike ride and they can sit here by themselves and be idiots and lie to each other as much as they want. My dad is scheduled for the vaccine on the 9th but geez whether he goes or not is anyone's guess.

That's rough. 

My Dad has been very stubborn/set in his ways over his lifetime but has really softened and listens to the advice we're being given.  I'm SO thankful...I often think "what if" (he wasn't...and I'd have that struggle to contend with).  He got his first jab a few weeks ago and has not left his house in 13 months...even rescheduled surgery until things calm down.

Hang in there.  Good idea to ride it off and steer clear.  

(From what I gather in reading AG's wife's posts....she's seemingly a lovely human being....that was likely it.  A quick trip to the store for a grocery item.  She describes AG as a total homebody who's more than happy to hunker down....like my son.  Guys with video games appear to be "ok" following the "don't go out/do anything" deal.  "Sure, no problem"  ::D).   They're a young couple apparently doing what they're being asked and to crucify them for getting this is really unfair.  I bet those screaming at them are likely deflecting their own stuff.  I'd blocked one of the d bags who's really going at "her" long ago....people are so cruel at times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Source  please?

Yes, horrible situation 

I am concerned as everyone about covid19  but the spread of misinformation has to be kept down folks.

Just cause you say it doesn't make it true 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7735701/brazil-covid-variant-sao-paulo-graves/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalOkanagan

P1 looks to be mutating inside Brazil and might be more resistant to vaccines.

F*** these right wing nut job leaders who have screwed the entire planet with their garbage.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

At some point the govt is going to have to crack down and hard.  

They be the first to scream about their rights... f em... Me first... My a@@

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

They be the first to scream about their rights... f em... Me first... My a@@

Yup and I think that's been the hesitancy from the govt.......it feeds into the moron narrative of authoritarian govt etc.  

However, were on the precipice of a very serious shift in the pandemic.  I don't give two sh!ts about the "great reset" or any crap like that.  I want this government to get some balls and deal with this before it's too late

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

This is very interesting stuff here.. I used to read a lot of books in the 90s when I was going to school in the states.  Mostly westerns. 

Louis Lamour, the best there was and ever will be at writing westerns.!

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I looked at the date first....ack!  Noooo!

May every single one of them be safe and recover fully.  COVID's no joke....it's taking down even the fittest of athletes in their prime.  We must ALL do what we can to get through this damn pandemic by staying home and doing everything we can to avoid passing it around.  (I do not blame the players for getting this thing at all...they are staying within the guidelines and still have contracted it which just shows the current state of things as the numbers are exploding here).  

I'm not even worried about the season anymore truth be told.  That feels selfish at this point, even though not having them play kills me when we have all this free time.  But I worry about down the road and how some of those contracting it will have lingering effects.

Hearsay right now...fingers crossed that this isn't clickbait to draw in listeners.  If it is, I'm done.

Hey, Rick,  we are Canuck fans, any number will be interesting.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I guess people just don't want lives back.  I'm starting to think next winter is going to be even worse.  The p1 is going to be troublesome and people seem intent on just throwing in the towel

Some people don't want you to have your life back. They jdidn't change an f in thing.

52 minutes ago, JustRich said:

sign saying "warning circus ahead!"

" Riverview closed? look what happens"

" Carlin was right re stupidity"

" I've got my problems, but I'm not those people"

• Haha 2