The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

22 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If it’s anything like the Montreal situation the teams practice facility will be shut down and they won’t  have permission to practice until they get the all clear from the health authority. (Likely the 7th) 

It's a fine line between "well-rested" and "rusty" ......... Boyd commented on how boring it was being cooped up for 7 days, with in-room workouts, no fresh air or outside exercise, etc etc

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

It's a fine line between "well-rested" and "rusty" ......... Boyd commented on how boring it was being cooped up for 7 days, with in-room workouts, no fresh air or outside exercise, etc etc

7 whole days ... wow.   No sympathy.   Where i do have sympathy is for the people losing their shirts after working their butts of for years to keep a normal business open, and folks who work from home with young kids.   Boo-hoo pro athlete living the dream can't go to the gym, just luxury hotels, best room service and all the movies and video games they can handle - away from their families too.   Sounds pretty amazing to me. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

15 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Gotta feel for Boyd, he essentially experienced the full 2 week trade quarantine even though he never crossed the Canadian border.

• Vintage 1

Just now, 73 Percent said:

I'm okay with this. Helps with injuries.

As long as no one suffers any lingering effects.  Humans/health over all else.

I'm ok too with them getting extra rest and recovery time...just wish it wasn't due to illness.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wonder how next season will be like. I don't think it will be a completely normal season like how it was pre-COVID, but I could see it being better than the current season and being it more of a transition period.

they might want things like vaccine passports to go to Rogers (which is fine by me) but I expect it to be much much better. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

• -SN- changed the title to [GWT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | April 8, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SNP
5 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Hope Gauds and Ham and their families recover quickly.

7 more sleeps til Hockey. 

Anything new on Netflix?  

Snowpiercer worth a watch. 

• Cheers 3

Wish Hockey Gaud and Hamonic a speedy recovery with this terrible illness. Covid really sucks. Just want this season over with and win or lose, we finish the season as healthy as possible. If we don’t make it into the playoffs, I hope the lottery balls will finally fall our way this year. The team and fan base could use the excitement

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Hope Gauds and Ham and their families recover quickly.

7 more sleeps til Hockey. 

Anything new on Netflix?  

The Stand is out on Prime. What the actual H E double hockey sticks were they thinking?

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At this point, this will be the longest GDT that isn’t a GDT.

It's a GoshDarnTravesty!(Dad-Gummit)

edit: & it's off to the mtns for a day of chasing bird-song(hoping the sparrow bees haven't woken yet from hibernation!:frantic:)

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

Hope they take all the necessary time and care to get back to 100%! 

awful to hear hamonic has it considering his daughter has a compromised immune system

from a hockey’s stance, Canucks probably won’t play all their remaining games and that’s ok by me. This season is a throwaway any ways and I don’t need to see the remaining 19 games to change my opinion on this teams needs going into the offseason.