The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Now saying over 20 people 

Canucks' positive COVID cases increases to over 20
https://www.tsn.ca/1.1618012.1617560160

https://twitter.com/benkuzma?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Not meaning to contradict your post/link. It's just confusing when there's posts that say the opposite. Hopefully just a misunderstanding.

Been told reported number of positive COVID-19 cases with Canucks isn't entirely accurate. The number is under 20. There haven't been severe symptoms. Most experiencing mild headaches, fever, fatigue and lethargy. No reports of vomiting, few with worse symptoms better. #Canucks

Also, only one player has received an IV. #Canucks

Also been told author stands by the accuracy of this report. (I think he's referring to the Darren Dreger one that you have linked above).

NHL_2021_Teams_canucks.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:
  19 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Actually no. I get that you need to feel superior in this situation. I was having a conversation with Devron44 and they were speculating on who the other sick Canuck could be. My one word answer to them was Boeser. Wasn’t talking to your dumb ass or your other account, the equally stupid Abrasive Assjax. Yet both of you are desperately trying to state that I was making a statement to the community at large, even though I quoted Devron purposely to indicate (especially to the slower, denser posters like yourself) that it was a response to them. 

You should stick to one account so the trolling on this site doesn’t get out of hand, Ajax. 

Nope not me at all, i have one account

But i must say its time for the moderators and administrators to ban PhillipBlunt for his continuous name calling, belittling, attempted  bullying and over the top rudness

If we are all canucks fans this is unacceptable 

Go Canucks go,  beat the virus

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

im assuming u went to bed like this....

• Sad 1

Does anyone have the link to the Micaela Guadette vid where she disses Corona caution in a panel with 7 other women? I saw it from this forum and now I can't find it again. Also, the comments in the thread appear to be gone...can't find them either. Were they scrubbed?

18 minutes ago, CupIsComing said:

Does anyone have the link to the Micaela Guadette vid where she disses Corona caution in a panel with 7 other women? I saw it from this forum and now I can't find it again. Also, the comments in the thread appear to be gone...can't find them either. Were they scrubbed?

Probably to keep the aggressive posters away from blaming her for the team getting covid

It seems like everyone except Kuzma is saying different.... and even he isn’t clear.  Guys not being able to get out of bed and being treated for dehydration kind of sounds severe to me.

Unless he means hospitalized and in the ICU as “severe”.  Most of the time even in the worst cases it takes a week or two to get that bad.

It might be under 20 who have actually tested positive so far, and some just in the protocol.

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

https://twitter.com/benkuzma?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Not meaning to contradict your post/link. It's just confusing when there's posts that say the opposite. Hopefully just a misunderstanding.

Been told reported number of positive COVID-19 cases with Canucks isn't entirely accurate. The number is under 20. There haven't been severe symptoms. Most experiencing mild headaches, fever, fatigue and lethargy. No reports of vomiting, few with worse symptoms better. #Canucks

Also, only one player has received an IV. #Canucks

Also been told author stands by the accuracy of this report. (I think he's referring to the Darren Dreger one that you have linked above).

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Are the Canucks even going to be able to ice a team for next Thursday? The Top line could feature Baertchi Miller Ericksson, maybe a hobbled Beagle centering a couple university players, then what ?

They won’t be starting again until at least a week after the last case.  

The Thursday date was if it hadn’t spread.

We are easily still 7-10 days away from another game, and that will be with AHL players, taxi squad, and the first few guys to recover.  Guys will trickle back over the course of weeks.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

It seems like everyone except Kuzma is saying different.... and even he isn’t clear.  Guys not being able to get out of bed and being treated for dehydration kind of sounds severe to me.

Unless he means hospitalized and in the ICU as “severe”.  Most of the time even in the worst cases it takes a week or two to get that bad.

It might be under 20 who have actually tested positive so far, and some just in the protocol.

I agree. If they're not able to do the most basic of tasks, that sounds severe to me as well.

But for all those people who STILL think COVID isn't so bad, here's an article from May 2020 on the COVID effects of Georges Laraque, a former NHL player.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/it-s-insane-georges-laraque-describes-battle-with-covid-19-in-hospital-video-1.4922621

The 43-year-old said he began feeling symptoms last Sunday, at a time he was helping to deliver groceries to vulnerable people in his community.    Over the next days, his condition deteriorated.

“Now, I can't even get up without losing my breath. It's insane,” he said. “At night, I have fevers. I have to get up to take pills. I wake up in sweats all the time. I'm not the only fighting this. I don't feel sorry for myself. It's okay, this is what happens in life.”

Like, come on people. It angers me that people like Micaela can just shrug off precautions because it doesn't convenient her.

• Upvote 1

Man, I hope no one on the Canucks suffer from ongoing health issues that some do after getting COVID. 

Take care fellas. Listen to the health experts.

This is not just a 2020 disaster, its 2021 as well.  We won't be watching any meaningful Canucks games until October now. :(

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Are the Canucks even going to be able to ice a team for next Thursday? The Top line could feature Baertchi Miller Ericksson, maybe a hobbled Beagle centering a couple university players, then what ?

I can play D, but only 10-15 second shifts.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CupIsComing said:

Just go back a couple pages you'll see it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just go back a couple pages you'll see it.

Maybe that kick to the head at their wedding dislodged something. Pretty stupid to go on social media when your husband is part of the league and say stuff against league-issued protocols. Some people, I tell ya.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Maybe that kick to the head at their wedding dislodged something. Pretty stupid to go on social media when your husband is part of the league and say stuff against league-issued protocols. Some people, I tell ya.

Definitely a very poor judgment on her part, and I'm not happy I saw it at all tbh it's actually hard to watch and very cringe worthy imo.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Man, I hope no one on the Canucks suffer from ongoing health issues that some do after getting COVID. 

Take care fellas. Listen to the health experts.

This is not just a 2020 disaster, its 2021 as well.  We won't be watching any meaningful Canucks games until October now. :(

That's probably one of the biggest concerns is their health after it, but also dealing with it as well right now and just making sure everyone pulls through. 

But on a side note to lighten the mood, they weren't going to be playing meaningful games until next season anyways :lol: they weren't making the playoffs this year even if they didn't deal with covid.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Not sure, was she on "social media" or having a zoom call with some  friends?