The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

^ I read that sportsnet.ca article above and colour me confused.  On his birthday Bo posted an image on instagram of himself outside in the sun kneeling

on the grass with Gunnar.   That was 2 days ago.  Is he now symptomatic?  Begs a few questions on protocol, for me anyways.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, whirledpeas said:

^ I read that sportsnet.ca article above and colour me confused.  On his birthday Bo posted an image on instagram of himself outside in the sun kneeling

on the grass with Gunnar.   That was 2 days ago.  Is he now symptomatic?  Begs a few questions on protocol, for me anyways.

He didn't.

That picture was from Halloween and posted 22 weeks ago.  The recent video of Gunnar didn't have Horvat in it, and it had his wife's voice laughing... so wasn't taken by Bo.

Edited by Provost
  • Vintage 3

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Guess people can stop joking about Jake now 

He was symptomatic before anyone else but they didn’t test him as they assumed it was just the Roxy Flu like normal.

.... see, we don’t have to stop joking about Virtanen.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so... Price and Gallagher both out with injuries, while we're on covid watch. The hockey gods have a twisted sense of humour. 

If habs go on a losing streak, maybe they will be an exciting season left to salvage.  But nux will have to go on a winning streak.   Not sure what shape the guys will be once they return to ice. Even 5% off for these guys is a huge hit. They are elite athletes. 

3 hours ago, Provost said:

He didn't.

That picture was from Halloween and posted 22 weeks ago.  The recent video of Gunnar didn't have Horvat in it, and it had his wife's voice laughing... so wasn't taken by Bo.

We can finally put this to rest. People coming up with stupid and unsubstantiated rumours is part of why we are held back as a species.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

If habs go on a losing streak, maybe they will be an exciting season left to salvage.  But nux will have to go on a winning streak.   Not sure what shape the guys will be once they return to ice. Even 5% off for these guys is a huge hit. They are elite athletes. 

with this year, who knows? 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so... Price and Gallagher both out with injuries, while we're on covid watch. The hockey gods have a twisted sense of humour. 

The Vancouver /Montreal series is done regardless. Makes no difference.  Also. Allen has been strong in the net for Montreal and they have plenty of depth to deal with Gallagher’s absence 

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

If Montreal just plays 500 hockey they’ll get to 64 points.  Vancouver would need to earn 29 of a possible 38 points to tie them. They don’t have any games left against each other do that makes it more unlikely.  Honestly , once you factor in the fact they have 5 games left against each other, Vancouver has a better shot at catching Edmonton than Montreal 

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

So is there any word on when the Canucks play again? 

Can we wait for our players to get better or do we need to dress the comets?

It’ll be sometime after everyone has gone through covid protocol and there’s no further danger of infection stemming from the current outbreak.  I don’t think all the players being totally recovered plays into the league’s decision.  

22 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

So is there any word on when the Canucks play again? 

Can we wait for our players to get better or do we need to dress the comets?

I think (estimation) our first game back will be the 17th.

I'd say its about a 50 / 50 chance, but there's only a 25% chance of that.

;)

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

The Vancouver /Montreal series is done regardless. Makes no difference.  Also. Allen has been strong in the net for Montreal and they have plenty of depth to deal with Gallagher’s absence 

of course it makes a difference, 2/3 of their best players are down. They aren't deep at C. They are primed for a slide. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

of course it makes a difference, 2/3 of their best players are down. They aren't deep at C. They are primed for a slide. 

What I mean by it doesn’t matter is Vancouver and Montreal don’t have any games left against each other. I assumed your point was Vancouver being idle  means they won’t get to take advantage

Also, are  you under the impression that Gallagher plays C?  He’s a RW. They also just added a veteran C to the team with Staal. Their top 4 C’s is actually really strong. Danault, Staal, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi. 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

What I mean by it doesn’t matter is Vancouver and Montreal don’t have any games left against each other. I assumed your point was Vancouver being idle  means they won’t get to take advantage

Also, are  you under the impression that Gallagher plays C?  He’s a RW. They also just added a veteran C to the team with Staal. Their top 4 C’s is actually really strong. Danault, Staal, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi. 

I know, but he's their most aggressive F and their C depth is not strong, so there's no one up the middle thats going to replace that.