The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

15 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I'm glad I didn't watch today... 

Covid or not, if you lose back to back against Ottawa when you desperately need a win, you don't deserve the playoffs. 

whys that?, ottawa before we even played them have been really hot and playing great seems like they finally figured it out as a team/chemistry.

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I would not want to play St Louis in the first round.  They dismantled Colorado recently.  Binnington's catching fire and they're looking like the Stanley Cup champs with Tarasenko back there.  Don't think that Faulk is that much of a downgrade on Pietrangelo at all. 

There will be some good series in the West!  Can't wait to watch them duke it out. 

COL got hit hard with covid too missing some players. But i think VGK is going to be very tough to beat.

They might be going back to SCF

MIN also playing really good. Thats going to be a fun division to follow in playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I honestly don't know why you bother....it's all SO negative.

You give a free pass to Montreal sliding off a cliff but perhaps it just demonstrates how this gruelling season DOES impact the players and now that other teams are playing catch it, nothing's a given.  This entire team had COVID this month...you completely ignore that.  Which shows this is more about you being stuck on a point that being realistic.  

The team's struggling for sure.  At the beginning of the year, we had a hell schedule that put us in a hole but they've managed to somehow still not be completely out of the conversation DESPITE being completely obliterated by a COVID variant.

Facts.  People who want the coach/management GONE have tunnel vision more than the rest of us.  I'm not completely opposed to changes...sometimes that's what's needed.  But to put every single thing on that and not consider anything else is wearing blinders.  This season's a bust for more reasons than the coaching staff.

Its been a bust for all teams. Have you stopped to consider that? Instead its woe with us and excuse after excuse

refs, schedule, no fans, good teams over there 

we are not a well coached team and the night after night on ice cluster reflects that 

but heaven forbid raising concerns because i will be painted as sooooooo negative 

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

whys that?, ottawa before we even played them have been really hot and playing great seems like they finally figured it out as a team/chemistry.

What about when you win back to back versus the centre of the Universe?  It all balances out.

Funny how Ottawa's given no credit but Montreal was going to tear up the league.  People label teams and run with it despite this being a difficult deal with teams all having highs and lows.  We're not the only team to lose to Ottawa recently.

"Covid or not" is probably one of the dumbest statements I've read in awhile.  Like it totally glances over it.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Its been a bust for all teams. Have you stopped to consider that? Instead its woe with us and excuse after excuse

refs, schedule, no fans, good teams over there 

we are not a well coached team and the night after night on ice cluster reflects that 

but heaven forbid raising concerns because i will be painted as sooooooo negative 

No team has had the schedule we've had.

No team had 22 players hit with a variant.

So no.   

Start there before we move back on to your points.  Heaven forbid you ever consider the things this team's contending with this year.

• Cheers 2

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

What about when you win back to back versus the centre of the Universe?  It all balances out.

Funny how Ottawa's given no credit but Montreal was going to tear up the league.  People label teams and run with it despite this being a difficult deal with teams all having highs and lows.  We're not the only team to lose to Ottawa recently.

"Covid or not" is probably one of the dumbest statements I've read in awhile.  Like it totally glances over it.

Do you honestly feel we outplayed Toronto? 

their goaltender gift wrapped one game to us to the point of laughter 

lets face it, Toronto will be ready and waiting now …. And we won’t see big save Dave 

• Haha 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

My favourite is “no excuses” 

Right?   Sure dudes...you go lace 'em up after being hit with the variant and after playing 3,000 games in 2,000 nights with travel and we expect YOUR BEST.

It's laughable.  It ties right into their FIRE SOMEONE chant.  Convenient.

Maybe it is time for some fresh blood but there certainly is a whole lot more to "blame" this year than coaching for what this team's experiencing.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Do you honestly feel we outplayed Toronto? 

their goaltender gift wrapped one game to us to the point of laughter 

lets face it, Toronto will be ready and waiting now …. And we won’t see big save Dave 

Way to deviate from all the other stuff you're ignoring.  Start there before moving outward.

What about our schedule at the start?  The entire roster (pretty much) being obliterated by a variant then coming back to "down the stretch" play?  Easy right?  No problem for those demanding it and not experiencing it.

• Cheers 1