The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No team has had the schedule we've had.

No team had 22 players hit with a variant.

So no.   

Start there before we move back on to your points.  Heaven forbid you ever consider the things this team's contending with this year.

News flash, we were out of contention prior to the Covid outbreak but keep playing it up 

every team has had a tough schedule, its a condensed season 

keep coming up with the excuses though become heaven forbid it can’t be our coaching, lack of structure, lack of opponent specific game plans, lack of in game adjustments 

the Green cult will never admit fault 

• Vintage 1

So to those wanting to "compare" and state (incorrectly) that "other teams have done it too"?  Name them, and I'll throw the charts up so we all can deal in facts not fiction.

This team may "need" some things but, for right now, I'm cutting them some slack as they try to survive this hell year.  If you're not, that's more your problem than theirs.  We're all sitting at home watching TV in isolation while they're emptying their tanks trying to get it done.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

News flash, we were out of contention prior to the Covid outbreak but keep playing it up 

every team has had a tough schedule, its a condensed season 

keep coming up with the excuses though become heaven forbid it can’t be our coaching, lack of structure, lack of opponent specific game plans, lack of in game adjustments 

the Green cult will never admit fault 

Put a team up there...not "every team" because that's just lazy.  Because I've really looked at the schedules.   No team had our schedule.

Not excuses, facts.   

Here try this:  what qualifies you to assess NHL coaches?  I'd like to know your experience in this?  Why don't they hire you?

The Green Cult?  Wow, that's going the extra mile when you are ignoring the direct request to put up something factual.  That's a legitimate request....what teams have had it the same/worse than this one?     You can't do it.

LOLOLOL  ... yes, the COVID variant is an excuse.    

Back to ignore.  Trolls aren't worth me getting worked up over.  I'm going to perform more witchcraft now.

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Way to deviate from all the other stuff you're ignoring.  Start there before moving outward.

What about our schedule at the start?  The entire roster (pretty much) being obliterated by a variant then coming back to "down the stretch" play?  Easy right?  No problem for those demanding it and not experiencing it.

We won both games, and yes Toronto’s goalies played poorly. Holtby was superb. Holtby is part of the team. Hence, yes we outplayed TO.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Ahh there it is 

It's the worst "excuse" of an answer I've seen.  Not putting up teams that we can compare (fairly) against which would be a good argument.  Nope, just go for the extreme troll cookie jar.  Cult.  That's cute.

Toughest schedule in the league to start:   So what

Top player injured/out:  Whatever

COVID variant rips through team:  Soft, coaches fault

Not even worth my time.  I wish we didn't see quoted posts for ignored users...they're such a waste of time and energy.   I purposely left after the game because I had a feeling the usual suspects would crawl in.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Can you name a potential replacement please? 

Well you might have a point. I don’t think many quality GMs will work for Our current owners hence why he keeps this worthless mumbling yes man puppet around. 

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Put a team up there...not "every team".  Because I've really looked at the schedules.   No team had our schedule.

Not excuses, facts.   

Here try this:  what qualifies you to assess NHL coaches?  I'd like to know your experience in this?

The Green Cult?  Wow, that's going the extra mile when you are ignoring the direct request to put up something factual.

What team can I compare us to for you?  

LOLOLOL  ... yes, the COVID variant is an excuse.  Have you had it?

Back to ignore.  Trolls aren't worth me getting worked up over.  I'm going to perform more witchcraft now.

At the time of the covid stoppage we had played max 3-4 more games than our opponents

in your mind that is a reason to be sub 500? 

we were a mile out of a playoff spot at the coaches covid stoppage 

all facts 

keep making excuses though if it makes you feel more at peace 

but hey anyone who won’t drink the koolaid is a troll right?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

him and squams 2nd favourite words, green cult and benning bros lol.

I guess a guy has to go full on hate crew to be on the same page as those guys

Lol that’s some heavy tunnel vision 

• Cheers 2

For people that feel coaching does not matter ask yourself if the Oilers have a better roster than us defensively? Better defensive towards? Better D men? Better Goalies? 

I do not think they do however why are they so much better defensively than we are? 

coaching, systems and structure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

We need to be thinking forward and should have been all season with the decisions made in the off season.  

Juolevi should have been in the lineup all year.  

Rafferty and Rathbone should have had a chance.  They haven't.  

Lind and Gads should have gotten a chance before Vesey, Boyd and Highmore.    

This is why I would fire Green.  Not because we didn't make the playoffs, but because we hurt next years team and the year afters team by how Green handled this year.  

Just my humble opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

For people that feel coaching does not matter ask yourself if the Oilers have a better roster than us defensively? Better defensive towards? Better D men? Better Goalies? 

I do not think they do however why are they so much better defensively than we are? 

coaching, systems and structure 

I think everyone can agree coaching matters. Otherwise there wouldn’t be coaches.

You continue to miss the point 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So to those wanting to "compare" and state (incorrectly) that "other teams have done it too"?  Name them, and I'll throw the charts up so we all can deal in facts not fiction.

This team may "need" some things but, for right now, I'm cutting them some slack as they try to survive this hell year.  If you're not, that's more your problem than theirs.  We're all sitting at home watching TV in isolation while they're emptying their tanks trying to get it done.

I’m filling my tank…….

With beer,

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3