The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Hoping for a close and entertaining game...maybe someone can put McJesus on his ass a few times.....that would be nice....otherwise it could be another ugly one...

This is what I don't get about the new NHL. I get you need to gap McD carefully, especially in a tight game, when you're still in the playoff hunt. I would like to see Hamonic or JT dedicate a shift or two to trying to nail McD.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

This is what I don't get about the new NHL. I get you need to gap McD carefully, especially in a tight game, when you're still in the playoff hunt. I would like to see Hamonic or JT dedicate a shift or two to trying to nail McD.

you would be banned from the nhl if you were a coach.

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

yeah pretty meh, im wrong

if the guy is on pace for 93 goals or 216 points, I'll consider rooting for him in the name of history. but for the sake of some arbitrary statistic? not a chance. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

and yet they're still the 5th nhl organization to choose willingly to put money in the guy's pocket. fancy that ...

Still doesn’t make him a viable 4th liner, he has played 12 games in two years for them, 0 points and -1. He is AHL filler at best. Are you his Dad?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

if the guy is on pace for 93 goals or 216 points, I'll consider rooting for him in the name of history. but for the sake of some arbitrary statistic? not a chance. 

what do you suggest, bring back darren pang, and hrudey? the average starter had a .88 sv percentage. dont make me bring up the backups

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

what do you suggest, bring back darren pang, and hrudey? the average starter had a .88 sv percentage. dont make me bring up the backups

Yeah, but McDavid gets to play the Canucks a lot more.

Quinn Hughes has been struggling on D side lately.

These next 4 games are going to be tough on him. Green better keep him away from McDavid.. or he's going to get walked multiple times over the next 4 games..

3 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Still doesn’t make him a viable 4th liner, he has played 12 games in two years for them, 0 points and -1. He is AHL filler at best. Are you his Dad?

not at all. it just gets tiresome seeing people mindlessly pile on guys who did their absolute best, as professional athletes to help their team win, even years after they've moved along, and when they were never any worse than anyone else who plays the same role in the first place.

2 hours ago, tas said:

you're going to bench the best defenceman in team history down the home stretch of what could be his final season?

no class. 

LOL, is he expecting the thousands of attendance chanting his name in his final game? You know fans arent allowed in the stadium right? He shouldve retired years ago or made himself useful for a change and waived his no trade clause

• RoughGame 3