The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, tas said:

I'm not the type to wish injury on players (generally, with a few notable exceptions), but a couple of season enders to 97 and 29 tonight would tickle my fancy and make the game worth watching.

f*** the oilers. I just want to smile again. 

I hated Gretzky for most the ‘80s, wish I hadn’t.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I hated Gretzky for most the ‘80s, wish I hadn’t.

congrats on your late life revelation. I still want the oilers to fail. being rewarded for merely being an endlessly abysmal organization isn't a precedent that I support. 

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Didn't Green do a bang up job in Utica as well?:ph34r:

No. He mostly played superannuated aged-out career minor league pro has beens instead of our prospects. Our young defence has replaced career AHLers with our prospects. Last year, under Cull, we were able to ice only left prospects, instead of mostly has beens under Green. Last year under Cull:

Brisebois.  Rafferty

Juolevi       Chatfield

Teves.        Sautner

Eliot 

All are prospects or tweeners (Sautner and Brisebois). I define Tweeners as guys who are full time pros who split time between the AHL and NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The only way to slow down McDavid is make him play defensively without the puck as much as possible.

alternately, skate-up soccer style tackles. ask juice how well those kevlar socks work. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tas said:

ah, the internet, where everyone is deliberately obtuse. 

the argument is that if he's good enough to be a 13th or 14th forward for the best team in the league, he was good enough to be the 13th or 14th forward on the worst canucks teams of all time. 

Nope still doesn’t fly, try again. And how is that even remotely obtuse? He sucks on any team in the NHL. Why do you feel the need to obtusely defend him?

4 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm not the type to wish injury on players (generally, with a few notable exceptions), but a couple of season enders to 97 and 29 tonight would tickle my fancy and make the game worth watching.

f*** the oilers. I just want to smile again. 

nah, this is a special season for him and the nhl. 25 years since someone scored at this clip

3 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Nope still doesn’t fly, try again. And how is that even remotely obtuse? He sucks on any team in the NHL. Why do you feel the need to obtusely defend him?

if you genuinely can't see it, it's not worth my time to explain it to you.