The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

So Brown coaches the first PP unit to pass ad nauseum and the second PP unit to shoot as soon as the puck is on their sticks?

Interesting

Yes. Most Powerplays in the league have different strategies for different units. It's kind of ridiculous that our 2nd PP unit gets more chances, the little they ever do get to play. 

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Ignore the gp as its from an old post.

These were the years he was a big part of scouring in Boston. A couple of great hits a whole bunch of trash.

Screenshot_20210503-142745_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-142758_Chrome.jpg

Those are his years from boston as assistant gm if i’m not correct?

I remember seeing on that list lots of nhl players from his buffalo days. He was head scout there.

the threshold was low for qualifying as in 100 games. But yuck the boston days don’t look good lol

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

what do you suggest, bring back darren pang, and hrudey? the average starter had a .88 sv percentage. dont make me bring up the backups

I don't care. seriously, like at all. there are no qualifiers in the record books. or would you rather we bring up the 5 guys on every roster back then who were effectively just club-wielding neanderthals on skates, whose sole purpose was to bash guys to bits? mcdavid doesn't have to deal with any of those. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

not at all. it just gets tiresome seeing people mindlessly pile on guys who did their absolute best, as professional athletes to help their team win, even years after they've moved along, and when they were never any worse than anyone else who plays the same role in the first place.

Not bashing the fact that he made the NHL, that is a huge achievement even if just for a cup of coffee. I will question your opinion of his value compared to what we have now.

1 minute ago, filthycanuck said:

LOL, is he expecting the thousands of attendance chanting his name in his final game? You know fans arent allowed in the stadium right? He shouldve retired years ago or made himself useful for a change and waived his no trade clause

ugh. embarrassing take. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Yes. Most Powerplays in the league have different strategies for different units. It's kind of ridiculous that our 2nd PP unit gets more chances, the little they ever do get to play. 

no they don't. don't make me pull up the proof

2 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

im pretty sure thats all made up and exaggerated.

I wish it was. But it isn't. We dump and chase and they transition. When they dump and chase on us, they retrieve the puck. Maybe it's covid and they're all tired or whatever. But, when you watch a team like MTL when they play well (against us for example), you would think they're lucky cuz they get every bounce and loose puck. But actually, they just outwork the other team consistently. (Of course mtl is in a terrible slump at the moment so it's not as relevant, but they are an excellent example of a team that just won an incredible amount of battles against us). Our offensive system isn't to carry the puck in, even though we have a plethora of capable players to do so (i'm looking at our entire top 6, gaudette when he was here, virtanen and sutter)> But no, we dump it in and lose the puck 75% of the time. 

Just now, filthycanuck said:

So what, Benning still traded a 2nd and it still turned out to be Linden Vey so I was right in that sense. Vey was a worthless player

No you are not right. But you spin anyway you want. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Not bashing the fact that he made the NHL, that is a huge achievement even if just for a cup of coffee. I will question your opinion of his value compared to what we have now.

I'd say he's no worse than anyone in the Canucks bottom 6 not named motte. 

8 minutes ago, tas said:

I don't care. seriously, like at all. there are no qualifiers in the record books. or would you rather we bring up the 5 guys on every roster back then who were effectively just club-wielding neanderthals on skates, whose sole purpose was to bash guys to bits? mcdavid doesn't have to deal with any of those. 

i imagine mcdavid would have a mcsorely to protecct him

10 minutes ago, tas said:

why do you even watch hockey if it's so bad now?

also it seems it might be easy to dunk on these players

Edited by Petey_BOI

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG I love this.

Kes is on 650 radio talking about it.

Any chance they wanna step on the ice instead? Despite their ages, with what our team is going through this year they probably wouldn’t be the worst players out there.