The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

That was me Lind wont amount to much 

Hoglander will be a great top 9 player.

I thought so

I see it took you about 48 hours to flip flop on Hoglander. 

You're as good a scout as you are a lawyer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

They're going to have to get creative when Jet Woo arrives (pretty tough names to incorporate)

IF Woo pans out, that changes everything.  We're thin on RD right now and that's why I'd like to keep Hamonic. 

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Good game. Really liked Mac, Highmore, Hamonic, and Rathbone.

Rathbone is pretty calm defensively too and makes good decisions to get the puck out. 

Regarding Jack, we haven’t even really seen him in full flight with the puck. I’m telling y’all his top gear is probably the best on the team. Quinn’s edge work is still superior though. 

• Like 1

Just now, oldnews said:

I thought so

I see it took you about 48 hours to flip flop on Hoglander. 

You're as good a scout as you are a lawyer.

I love when people only quote half 

How is it allowed that some one can edit what someone else wrote

You should be ashamed this forum should be ashamed for allowing it

• Cheers 1

Feels good to bump the slump. They’ll probably lose the next game but whatever. Small victories at least. Hamonic needs to be re-signed as his willingness to stand up for teammates and play physical is priceless. Rathbone looks good too. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Those I like. Similar to Blunt’s list that has some pizzazz.

Does anyone know a full list....

Petey

Millzy

Ox

Big Tuna

Eagle

Rooster

Suttsy ?

Myzie

Boes or Flow?

Demmer ?

Holts?

Hammer?

Hoagie ?

Bonesy

I can't remember hearing anything for Pearson, Beagle, or any of the waiver or TDL guys

9 minutes ago, Randy Johnson said:

My post got deleted. A pic of JB at Oak and king Ed Safeway today while he is supposed to be in quarantine as he just got back on an international flight from Dallas 

Who gives a F 

Give people their privacy you creep. 

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

IF Woo pans out, that changes everything.  We're thin on RD right now and that's why I'd like to keep Hamonic. 

I'm really looking fwd to Woo arriving in a couple years, and would love to keep Hamonic in the meantime.

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Bonesy?

What were your words recently regarding 'creative' nicknames?

Bonesy?

That's the first game in a while where they didn't run out of gas.

They needed some positivity. Nice to see them rewarded finally.

6 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

ya ok point taken, he is very much a human being, but he is expected to be a leader on this team so as such....a little less up and down emotionally would be good

maybe - but I like his anger - he doesn't mope and brood like Kesler used to (which I think is a problem) - Miller just wears it on his sleeve and isn't particularly 'edited'.  I think the team can actually use some of that fire.    I'm also not sure they need him to be a 'leader' - I see enough leadership in the group - Horvat, Edler, Sutter, Beagle, Hamonic..Holtby.....I think Miller just needs to lead by performance - leave it on the ice - and I think he does that.  It's true he gets frustrated when things don't go well -but I can live with that - not everyone processes that in the cleanest of ways, but at least he has that fire.  I personally think it can be a positive influence even if it comes out of anger/frustration - I think this is a group in general that is very level-headed - one Miller in the mix, for me, is a good thing.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Does anyone know a full list....

Petey

Millzy

Ox

Big Tuna

Eagle

Rooster

Suttsy ?

Myzie

Boes or Flow?

Demmer ?

Holts?

Hammer?

Hoagie ?

Bonesy

I can't remember hearing anything for Pearson, Beagle, or any of the waiver or TDL guys

Some good ones in there for sure.  All the more disappointing when they “Bonesy” someone who could easily be the Bone Dawgg

• Vintage 1

Though I want a higher pick, this win was needed. We can't have the team go on a Buffalo like 16 game losing streak just for a higher pick in a crapshoot draft. 

I suspect we are going to win 3 more games the rest of the season. 

The four with Calgary are probably splits as both team will be out with really nothing to play for and same goes for the last Edmonton game as it is completely meaningless for the Oilers so they will dress a pretty inferior lineup or play not to get hurt. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Oh my god I'm dying listening to the post-game show, someone just texted in 

Nurse is a crotch grabber.  That's not the nurse you want grabbing your...  and then they stopped reading the text :lol:

image.png

• Haha 4