The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Crazy stuff, we still have a chance of winning the cup and a chance at finishing last in our division, kinda like picking up a girl from Kelowna with and Adam’s apple, you just don’t know which way it’ll swing.

Wouldn’t you prefer they lose their remaining games so that you get more of that sympathy $ex?! ::D

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, would had been nice if management & the staff had recognized & accepted this lossing and managed it properly by showcasing & playing the future to see were they might/not fit moving forward but I get it: playing the rookies would had been seen by the some/most fans as accepting lossing; with hindsight, it would had probably been better moving forward.

Yeah once you’re out you wished you started earlier but I guess there’s no way around it without telling the team to give up. I never hope for losses but when they come and it’s over, it’s rookies and projects or it’s a waste of time.

9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Yeah once you’re out you wished you started earlier but I guess there’s no way around it without telling the team to give up. I never hope for losses but when they come and it’s over, it’s rookies and projects or it’s a waste of time.

Hindsight cause despite playing the vets heavy minutes for most of the year, it still turned out to be a losing season; with still some unanswered questions regarding some of the rookies and were they will fit in next year's roster.  Good thing some of the rookies had forced themselves in the lineup and we got to enjoy seeing some of the future.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

imjuries suspension and to see wat the kids can do. They seem to bringing it  than the slow vets 

Preferably, all our FA walks - time to move on and give the team a new identity to hopefully reflect the new staff.

Edited !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya time to let sutts edler  go should have traded pearson as well

Yup, but they all check the great intangibles and nostalgic boxes - good chance JB will try to sign them.  I like Torontos' approach better - signing former first line players to short & cheap contracts that can still make some on ice contributions: Thornton & Spezza (700k a year).  If I was GM, I would be going after these players to mentor/shelter my young core at very cap friendly deals.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

10 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Hindsight cause despite playing the vets heavy minutes for most of the year, it still turned out to be a losing season; with still some unanswered questions regarding some of the rookies and were they will fit in next year's roster.  Good thing some of the rookies had forced themselves in the lineup and we got to enjoy seeing some of the future.

I forgot to mention that those first two games after the Covid outbreak probably set the process back too. Although I was thrilled for the guys when they won,  had they lost both and looked gassed I would have been fine with rolling the dice with as many rookies and new guys at that time. I think that might have been the one time I’d have been ok with throwing in the towel.

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I forgot to mention that those first two games after the Covid outbreak probably set the process back too. Although I was thrilled for the guys when they won,  had they lost both and looked gassed I would have been fine with rolling the dice with as many rookies and new guys at that time. I think that might have been the one time I’d have been ok with throwing in the towel.

Yeah; but (imo) the pretend playoff push FINALLY ended before the covid outbreak: in our series with the Habs & Jets.

The horrible start was really when they should had shifted gear and accepted this season as a regression but like I stated - the idea of playing the rookies would had indicated the team is not trying to win and that means accepting losing.   Imo, this could easily be mitigated off the ice, through proper communication with the fans & players; whilst at the same time, showcasing the future on the ice.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1