The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

29 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Singh was born in Brooks, Alberta. His parents immigrated to Canada in the 1960s from India.[1] Singh was an avid hockey fan as a child; he and his siblings were fans of Wayne Gretzky and the Edmonton Oilers, and would do mock announcing using toy microphones. He studied broadcasting at Mount Royal University in Calgary, and was accepted into an internship at the TSN sports television network in 2004.

Thanks for the bio, although I didn't ask.

I have no problem with him doing his homer thing on their SNW broadcasts. But you should abide by your professionalism when you're doing national ones like HNIC. Shorty and Cheech never display such a blatant homerism even on SNP broadcasts.

I admire Singh's career achievement, but he should stick with regional broadcasts if he only wants to cater to his hometown fans.

Edited by 1-d
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I don't see what the risk is in firing Newell Brown and hiring someone else. 

Could it be worse? 

Is it worth a shot? 

Guys like Bieksa have commented that Brown is an excellent PP coach and the players aren't executing. 

Problem is, I haven't seen success on the PP since 2011 and that even dried up in the finals. 

If our guys haven't executed in nearly a decade, we either need new guys or a new coach

Didn't Pears used to be the PP coach  - until 2016 or something?

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I heard that’s better odds than finding a virgin in Kelowna.

Haha true. I was genuinely curious if you knew though. There’s no chance I ain’t going to do that math haha. 

Just now, 1-d said:

Thanks for the bio, although I didn't ask.

I have no problem with him doing his homer thing on their SNW broadcasts. But you should abide by your professionalism when you're doing national ones like HNIC. Shorty or Cheechee never display such a blatant homerism even on SNP broadcasts.

I admire Singh's career achievement, but he should stick with regional broadcasts if he only wants to cater to his hometown fans.

Cheech is one of the biggest homers in the game lol. Shorty is absolutely fantastic at being neutral though. Pure class. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Didn't take long before this came out 

image.png.c6413c17aa5073b412812ffb81fa2856.png

He has more important things to worry about then points , like what is he going to do when alberta deems Clearasil non essential

9 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Yeah we were pretty bad on that one. Then some interviews really didn't help, coupled with the fact that our team was pretty hateable. 

Lapierre, Bieksa, Burrows, Kesler and Torres. Players you'd love to have but hate to play against.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm surprised the refs were able to keep their cool and not react like a certain national broadcaster 

So rigging the game and calling penalties on us while the Soilers kept diving counts as keeping their cool?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Haha true. I was genuinely curious if you knew though. There’s no chance I ain’t going to do that math haha. 

Yup, that’s what it comes to, Habs lose out, we win out and get the tie breaker.

• Thanks 1

Just now, yes we can nucks said:

So all we have to do is win our remaining 7 games and hope Montreal loses their last 2. There's still hope! :P

Montreal might actually lose those too. Haha 

We ain’t winning 7 in a row though. Just want to see the boys giver