The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

They can go &^@# themselves.

Exactly, if it ain't the Canucks it is just another team. &^@# this Canada's team concept, Canada's team is Team Canada through the IIHF. My favourite team is the Canucks, any other team is just another team doesn't matter which side of the border their arena is in.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Dude I’ve been posting on Internet forums since the early 90s, before this forum existed

i never said mcdavid want good or that his accomplishment isn’t great.

just pointing out that this is a Canuck forum and you calling people stupid for being biased is stupid.  It’s not like a bias in a home team forum isn’t normal.  Putting yourself on a pedestal as a supposed noble and objective observer in  such a context is kinda pathetic. 

Well that's cool if you think that way, man. Putting yourself on a pedestal as if having blind homerism is something noble is also kinda pathetic. But hey, I guess we can all have opinions. 

I just hockey fan differently than you and I'm sorry if that bums you out, man. There's lots of us more pragmatic fans on here that can criticize and have different points of view on here. I sincerely hope you don't feel drowned out by some of us posters. Your voice matters too. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Is what it is at this point. I was happy for the effort. PP sucked and PP gifts for the Oilers.

But I liked the effort

I’m getting lucky and we can still win the Cup.

5 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

So what record did he break? Mario scored 100 points in 38 games.  For sure 100 points is a milestone. 

McDavid is a great player and he’s going to score many points in his career, but he still has a lot of unfinished business, such as playoff success. 

We can all be happy for the guy without getting too carried away

.Maybe he’ll be lucky enough to have a shot at the Cup some day. Time will tell. 

Sorry, used the wrong word. Should have used milestone. My bad. 

Just now, SNuck said:

Hey remember how the rest of Canada treated the Canucks in 2011? 

I blame Canucks twitter for that. Bandwagoners were super cocky.

Nevertheless any Canadian team that isn't the Canucks can eat from my toilet after I drop a deuce. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I don't see what the risk is in firing Newell Brown and hiring someone else. 

Could it be worse? 

Is it worth a shot? 

Guys like Bieksa have commented that Brown is an excellent PP coach and the players aren't executing. 

Problem is, I haven't seen success on the PP since 2011 and that even dried up in the finals. 

If our guys haven't executed in nearly a decade, we either need new guys or a new coach

Just now, MikeyD said:

Well that's cool if you think that way, man. Putting yourself on a pedestal as if having blind homerism is something noble is also kinda pathetic. But hey, I guess we can all have opinions. 

I just hockey fan differently than you and I'm sorry if that bums you out, man. There's lots of us more pragmatic fans on here that can criticize and have different points of view on here. I sincerely hope you don't feel drowned out by some of us posters. Your voice matters too. 

Lol .  Never said blind  homerism is good or bad. You are making things up as you go.

just pointing out the absurdity of you calling out fans on a home team board for being biased.  As if that’s in any way unusual.  

whatever makes you feel important I suppose. 

Just now, SNuck said:

Yeah, they weren't very nice to us  Jealousy nation-wide.  With that said,  it doesn't mean we have to stoop to their level.

Heart of the Canuck is all about the high road (and the high salary and high term) but mostly the high road.  I have the heart of a Canuck, how about you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNuck said:

All of Canada was cheering against us lol. We are a strange bunch aren’t we. I’ll be happy for another Canadian team but not before we get ours. God help us 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The Oilers and the Leafs present Canada's best chance at a cup since the Canucks in 2011.

The cup is coming home!

I'm a Montreal fan because of Toffoli and Weber, I'll cheer for them until they're done. I'd like to cheer for Calgary for Marky and Tanev, but I hate Tkachuck so much, that won'the happening.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Even the refs can’t manage that team to a cup.

Playoffs are a different beast. McDavid won’t be getting his 3 points a game and the Oilers will struggle to win.

If the Jets get going late they’re the exact type of team that can shut the Oilers down.

Eventually a team will figure out how to shadow him but he will still get points

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I blame Canucks twitter for that. Bandwagoners were super cocky.

Nevertheless any Canadian team that isn't the Canucks can eat from my toilet after I drop a deuce. 

Yeah we were pretty bad on that one. Then some interviews really didn't help, coupled with the fact that our team was pretty hateable.