The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

How is it possible/believable that his surgery rendered him unable to play for the entire year but he wasn't ready a month ago causing them cap grief during the season? He magically was not ready until day one of the playoffs?

Lol.  That's a good one.

I posted a related tweet regarding this a short time ago.

Basically I said, the league tends to 'look the other way' when a team uses the rules to get around the cap.  Except when the Canucks are involved.  We submit a contract to the league that takes advantage of the rules (re: Luongo contract).  League doesn't like it but *APPROVES* it anyways.  Then, *AFTER THE FACT* (I think a year or two later), they penalize us for "circumventing the cap".  Then there's other teams getting rid of a players cap hit because of a sudden "skin reaction" to wearing hockey gloves.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I guess tonight's game will be the last game for some people, as they won't be able to tune in for the last two afternoon games on a weekday.

Cant watch Tuesday but will be able to watch the last one ::D

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I posted a related tweet regarding this a short time ago.

Basically I said, the league tends to 'look the other way' when a team uses the rules to get around the cap.  Except when the Canucks are involved.  We submit a contract to the league that takes advantage of the rules (re: Luongo contract).  League doesn't like it but *APPROVES* it anyways.  Then, *AFTER THE FACT* (I think a year or two later), they penalize the rules for "circumventing the cap".  Then there's other teams getting rid of a players cap hit because of a sudden "skin reaction" to wearing hockey gloves.

After the next CBA was signed.   Burke put the recap penalty cause in, cause you know.... Burke truculence

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1